Gs430 - Engine Oil Level

Hi everyone!! Please Help!!

1) I just had my car Oil change at the local garage. The machanic accidently overfill a little bit above the "FULL" mark level (He put in 6qt)--- Will it hurt the engine if i let it stay at that level??? or Do I need to drain out the extra??? :cries:

2) Same thing with the Transmission Fluid ---He did overfill it about 1/2inch above the "HOT" mark level (He put in 2.5qt) :cries:

This is the first time that I'm using this machanic so ofcourse mistake did happen.

Obviously this guy not familiar with GS430 engine. :chairshot:

1)  Will it hurt the engine if i let it stay at that level??? or Do I need to drain out the extra???

Yes, drain off the excess if you do not want to increase the chances of being faced with mechanical and seal leakage problems 5-10 years from now. But if you plan to sell your car before then or simply don't mind taking the risk, you'll probably be OK leaving the levels overfilled. No damage will occur right away, but it might during extreme circumstances. Like

your transmission might start slipping due to fluid foaming if you drove up a long mountain grade on a hot summer day

Your owners manual has stern warnings against overfilling either the engine oil or transmission fluid above the full marks. The proper fluid levels are at or slightly below the full marks, never above them.

1)  Will it hurt the engine if i let it stay at that level??? or Do I need to drain out the extra???

Yes, drain off the excess if you do not want to increase the chances of being faced with mechanical and seal leakage problems 5-10 years from now. But if you plan to sell your car before then or simply don't mind taking the risk, you'll probably be OK leaving the levels overfilled. No damage will occur right away, but it might during extreme circumstances. Like

your transmission might start slipping due to fluid foaming if you drove up a long mountain grade on a hot summer day

Your owners manual has stern warnings against overfilling either the engine oil or transmission fluid above the full marks. The proper fluid levels are at or slightly below the full marks, never above them.

I have to agree with monarch......if the tranny goes because of it being overfilled, it big $$$$ :whistles: <_<

:cheers:

You actually believe a 1/2 quart more of fluid is going to ruin the tranny?  :lol: That's the most rediculous thinking I've heard <_<

Niko said his mechanic overfilled his transmission 1/2 inch above the Hot Range marks. Now what if Niko's mechanic had underfilled his transmission 1/2 inch BELOW the Hot Range marks ?? Do you also believe underfilling 1/2 quart "won't make any difference"?