How Do You Know What Stereo In 98 Gs

Is it more common to see aftermarket DVD/Navigation or the OEM set up? If the aftermarket is used, any pics of the system installed. How does it look? Factory cd changer still used? I would love to see pictures of some nice installs if possible on the GS models. 1998+

Thanks-

I was hoping to get some more info! Through some other reading in here I know understand this is a standard Pioneer system. It also seems clear a fit kit will make the option of getting a DIN radio installed available. Went to the local Car Toys to see what the market had to offer. Although not traditionally my favorite... will poineer work easier if a aftermarket DVD/ Nav system was wanted? Would the CD changer work? Thanks-

Here are a couple of my favorite installs.  They are using the Pioneer Nav.

Those are very clean - certainly looks... OEM - or very OEM style. Can I ask this, what are the benifits of using this Pioneer units- will the entire factory system work iwth it? The changer, sub and amp?

Thank you!

Those are very clean - certainly looks... OEM - or very OEM style. Can I ask this, what are the benifits of using this Pioneer units- will the entire factory system work iwth it? The changer, sub and amp?

Thank you!

No, the factory parts won't work. You can try to reuse the amp and speakers. I am not sure how optimal this will sound. The changer won't work. The two systems I posted were gutted and all the components were replaced from the HU/brain to the speakers to amps.

Thank you!

No, the factory parts won't work. You can try to reuse the amp and speakers. I am not sure how optimal this will sound. The changer won't work. The two systems I posted were gutted and all the components were replaced from the HU/brain to the speakers to amps.

yes the gs cd changer will work on pioneer aftermarket headunit and will even give full cd text. reading on the headunit screen. i have already converted 5 gs factory cd changers with perfect compatibility with pioneer aftermarket. headunit avic-n1 and avh p7500 and p6600. it will save your dvd headunit and i am sure will sound better than any aftermarket cd changer. it cost 1100.00 new and was made in japan which is more than i can say for most 2005 aftewrmarket stereos. so i wouldnt trash it. also if you really want oem look you can install a 2001 up gs factory navigation and play dvds on the factory ha=ed unit. it has an ntsc port right on the back odf the screen . what do you think the value in the future of a gs with fatory nav will comnpare with an aftermarket nav.. do you see any aftermartket stereos in collector car shows where the showwinners put everything back to original.

yes the gs cd changer will work on pioneer aftermarket headunit and will even give full cd text. reading on the headunit screen.  i have already converted 5 gs factory cd changers with perfect compatibility with pioneer aftermarket. headunit avic-n1 and avh p7500 and p6600.

Good to know. I've only seen you talk about this and I am sure you've built a harness for the conversion. On the other hand, most people I know don't go this route and swap out the changer too. I think it is simpler/more straightforward to get a new changer that is compatible with the new HU vs trying to figure out the wiring to make the OEM one work.