Power Windows

I have a 94 sc400 and my windows go down slow and go up even slower. If I replaced them would the windows operate just as fast as a new car? I am planning on getting my windows tinted which will slow things up even more. I know these motors and regulators are expensive but I hate windows that are slow had that problem with my accord. Thanks

I honestly avoid using the windows just because I don't like the air coming in because of the noise. If I were you, I would save money, not replace the window motor/regulator and use the sunroof if you insist on not using the A/C year round.

Well, I had to change the passenger side regulator because it suddenly snapped when I tried to open the window during last winter. It was frozen when I tried to operate it.

The new one, a 3rd party one, works fine, but works slower than my driver side one which is 10 years old!!

Perhaps the motor is not at its full force.

I might change ground wires so that I get better electrical current.

I  have a 94 sc400 and my windows go down slow and go up even slower.  If I replaced them would the windows operate just as fast as a new car?  I am planning on getting my windows tinted which will slow things up even more.  I know these motors and regulators are expensive but I hate windows that are slow had that problem with my accord.  Thanks

• 1 month later...

I had a window that stopped working on my girlfriends car a while ago. Knowing nothing about power windows I assumed the problem was motor or tracking. It ended up just being the cotacts for the buttons you use to press up or down. This is a simple to clean. And easy to remove and install. Over time the metal contacts build dust and eventually the contacts lose their strength to carry electricity thorugh the contacts. Take them apart clean the contacts and you should see a difference in the operation of your window if it is moving slowly now. It may not be the motor.

• 4 months later...
I had a window that stopped working on my girlfriends car a while ago. Knowing nothing about power windows I assumed the problem was motor or tracking. It ended up just being the cotacts for the buttons you use to press up or down. This is a simple to clean. And easy to remove and install. Over time the metal contacts build dust and eventually the contacts lose their strength to carry electricity thorugh the contacts. Take them apart clean the contacts and you should see a difference in the operation of your window if it is moving slowly now. It may not be the motor.

Just wanted to let everyone know I successfully replaced my regulator which isn't that big of a deal. The main thing is to let everyone who wants to know is that I replaced my window motor/regulator with a 99 year sc and I have a 94 and it fit just fine. To go into further detail the only difference in the two parts is that on the auctual regulator assembly one of the mounting bolts that is welded onto the regulator assembly is slightly further away from the other mounting bolt on the 99 assembly. Luckily lexus had two holes drilled in the door and I just had to re-align the regulator with the other hole that wasn't previously used when the old regulator was installed. Hope this helps someone.

Everyone should remember to have your rubber window trim lubricated regularly (be sure to use the proper type of lubricant for weatherstripping) to allow the glass to slide up and down easily. If the rubber stays dried out the window will bind, putting stress on the motor and regulator. Eventually something will give. In my case the plastic part holding the end of the cable snapped off.