Wheel Question

Thirdmotion,

You aren't getting an answer because noone knows. I asked a similar question back about 5 months ago, where I wanted to put my 97 ES300 steel winter wheels and tires on an 04 ES330 I was considering buying, and got the same response. The answer is....don't buy them unless you take your car to where the new wheels are located, and try one on your car, checking for the same wheel offset, and to see if the new wheels will clear the rotor and caliper. My guess is that they will clear, but that the offset may be different. That's the only way to know for sure, and not get caught buying something you can't use, nor return for your money back. I kept a set of winter tires and wheels from my 97 Subaru for use on a new Subaru in 02, and found they wouldn't fit, because the rotor size had been increased in 2000, and the wheels wouldn't clear the calipers. Had to sell them on the internet to a very nice chap in New York.

it will fit

97-01 oem are all the same setups

97 steel wheels might not fit an 03 (mcv30) as they are different and steel wheels even with a proper offset don;t always fit anyway

different questions with totally different answers gbhrps

this might be really dumb question but.. what is offset? and what is the offset on 97-01's??

Another question is, im looking into getting a 18'' or 19'' or maybe even a 20'' for my car and i remember someone saying that im going to need to replace my struts.. Is this true?

I am not going to spend an hour to make a post of what al these factors are.

their are many sites with all the infomation you need and pics to explain them,

It is not a dumb question but for your specific needs it is not a factor.

Any way you put it ,you using stock those stock rims or any rims can ever need a change of struts as they cannot make any difference to the fitment of a rim ever, after you google the terms you need to know,teach the guy who told you that because they have no clue what they are talking about