Stop Light

ackb

:D I have a 92 ls 400 the 2 stop light attach to the body not light up when i step on padle brake . Please help me how to fix it , but the 2 attach to the trunk are working. thanks

I bought 4 new bulbs and replaced but no luck at all . Is there any other place to look?

Checked the fuse? The box is under the hood near the batter. Use your vehicle manual to see which one it is that controls those lights.

I am not sure which one it is or if they are using the same fuse or not, but that is a start.

let us know what happend... also, welcome to the site.

+1 - check the fuses first. After that, there's a brake light sensor that has gone bad in a couple of 1st gen LS400s. Harder to diagnose but we have the schematics and someone already has a fix for it.

You can also click on the "search" button in the top graphic menu on the site, which may provide a wealth of help immeiately.

I did checked the fuse box under the hook . They are ok and i also checked under neath the dashboard fuse ok. So please show me where i can start to check sensor or switch ? Thanks .

I wonder if bulbs need to buy at dealer or not , because i bought bulbs at the auto part . Someone told me that i need to get bulb at dealer then stop light will work , but i haven't try it yet

I just bought this lexus but it seems alot trouble for me . I also have another broblem with the "CHECK ENGINE LIGHT" not light up , if some one out there can show me how to reinstall the check engine light then i can have smoke check passand have the title transfer to my name. Thank a lot

Edited by ackb

I have a '91 LS400. The high-mount stoplight behind the rear woofer was not working and I was able to find a fix for it using the schematic that econ provided. It was only this light that was not working. All the other lights worked fine. Let me know if you have the same problem and I would be happy to walk you throught it.