Climate Control Question

Hello all. I have a question regaurding the recirc / outside air button. Whenever I turn on my car it defaults back to recirclulate mode and I always have to switch it to outside flow mode. This is getting annoying. Any advise...

Thanks

Taggar

When in auto recirculation mode (2 of the three lights on the recirc. button on) the car will automatically select recirculation mode upon starting. After a short time, it should change to fresh air automatically. This is a feature to either clear excess stale air from the cabin and/or prevent taking in your own exhaust as you back out of a garage for instance.

If you have manually selected fresh air (one light, not auto mode) before you parked the car, it should start in that mode. I'm 99.9% sure, but I will verify tomorrow.

When in auto recirculation mode (2 of the three lights on the recirc. button on) the car will automatically select recirculation mode upon starting. After a short time, it should change to fresh air automatically. This is a feature to either clear excess stale air from the cabin and/or prevent taking in your own exhaust as you back out of a garage for instance.

If you have manually selected fresh air (one light, not auto mode) before you parked the car, it should start in that mode. I'm 99.9% sure, but I will verify tomorrow.

I have a 2001 GS300 and it always defaults back to recirculate mode when I start the car. It's supposed to do that, your filter will take care of things in recirc mode. However, hit the button again and 2 lights will apear, putting it in auto recirc. It will switch over when necessary.

One important thing to remember, when using your A/C on a humid day, remember to manually switch to outside air a few minutes before you shut your car off. This will help dry any moisture in the evaporator core and keep your core from building up mildew.....mildew = bad odor