2004 Rx330, Lacks Power

jerryray

I have had 3 rx 330 loaners over the last 12 months from my dealer and noticed all of them ran better and had more pick up than my 330. I have complained to them and they reset the computer and told me to drive it hard. Tried that, still the pick up is just not there. AT 50mph, there is not much at all. This test was unloaded and I was Alone.

Tried different octanes and have not noticed any difference at all, except my the $$

Any thought ?

TIA

Like it or not, its up to you to prove the car is not normal. Buy a stop watch and have a friend ride in the back seat videotaping the speedometer of your car and the

stop watch while you do three full throttle acceleration runs from 45-65 MPH.

Repeat these tests using another 2004 RX330. Both cars should go 45-65 MPH in aound 4-5 seconds. But if your RX330 is significantly slower then you have documented your case.

Of course, you can try other acceleration tests as well such as a 50-80 MPH run

if road conditions permit.

all engines are different. Like you said, you've tried 3 loaners in 12 months. I tried 6 loaners last year (several issues with the Gx that are now fixed, hopefully) and have noticed some to be sluggish, and some responsice. huh, i even noticed the difference in several of the steering wheel audio control buttons, in which some where very hard to press and some very soft to press. All cars are different and we just have to be happy with them. The only people who can really determine the differences in the engines are the mechanics that test drive them all the time after servicing them.

I agree with VGR. Just find a way to prove to them that you RX does not perform normally as deemed it should. Just in my cases. I would have a problem driving around the south side of town due to the road. When Lexus tests the RX, they are in the north side of town, which has smoother paved roads. The tech told me that's how they test it. They drive it on their roads, and if it doesn't perform like you stated, they will not fix it.