Replacement Lcd Panel For Climate Control?

Sluggo

The LCD panel on my 92 SC4 is completely illegible. The problem started out small, with just one corner being darkened, but now the bottom 80% of the display is completely shot. It's not a backlight problem, and the display lights up at night, but the nomenclature is completely obscured by the fault in the LCD.

Is a full panel replacement the only solution? Or is there a way to just replace the LCD display?

There are a few companies that do an LCD panel replacement for the LS400. But, luck has it, that no one does a replacement for the SC300/400. YOur only options are to buy a costly factory replacement or utilize Ebay or a Braker Yard for a used replacement. Multiple years of the SC had different color backlights.

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
The LCD panel on my 92 SC4 is completely illegible.  The problem started out small, with just one corner being darkened, but now the bottom 80% of the display is completely shot.  It's not a backlight problem, and the display lights up at night, but the nomenclature is completely obscured by the fault in the LCD.

Is a full panel replacement the only solution?  Or is there a way to just replace the LCD display?

Try Mikado Technologies in South City.

The LCD panel on my 92 SC4 is completely illegible.  The problem started out small, with just one corner being darkened, but now the bottom 80% of the display is completely shot.  It's not a backlight problem, and the display lights up at night, but the nomenclature is completely obscured by the fault in the LCD.

Is a full panel replacement the only solution?  Or is there a way to just replace the LCD display?

Lexmods.com sells them for $440 w/ shipping included which is cheaper than most dealers. Used LCD displays will still cost at least $100+ and you will still be at risk for the display turning dark and the backlighting bulbs burning out (which have to be soldered in). To ensure the unit won't black out any time soon (years)I would recommend just buying a new unit. Otherwise you could have multiple headaches down the road. Or you could just go on ebay and take the chance with a used unit. Another note: the 92-94 models have a bluish screen and i think the 95+-- ? have an orange display.