Changing My System

Hello everyone, I have a 96' GS 300. Its the pioneer system, and for all the people out there always wondering about that, just look at the sub, it will tell you. Anyway, right now my system consist of my stock headunit, stock amp pushing all door speakers, and aftermarket amp and 2 12's. The problem that has come up is that one of 12's has blown. Heres what i want to do and i need yall's help. I want replace my stock 10" with a new 12" daul 4 ohm voice coils that can handle up to 2000 watts max and 1000 RMS, then after that, im going to push it with an amp that has 1500 watts max at 2 ohms, and 800 watts RMS 2 ohms. Of course im going to wire the sub in parallel for the 2 ohm load to the amp, the only thing is will the 12" fit in the 10"s spot? and what would i have to do to install it? should i build a box for it? should i see how it sounds open air first? just wondering you guys opinions, I want to know anything yall think about this. If anyone wants to know the Sub and Amp i have chosen just ask, also i will take pics of my set up now and try to put them on by tomorrow.

As for now, let me know what yall think.

Depending on the 12, it should fit. You'll have to drill new mounting holes through the rear deck or fabricate a mount from below. <_<

Exactly! I mounted my twelve in a 99 GS4 underneath the rear deck using 3/4 inch particle board as my mounting baffle. Just go to your local hardware store and purchase the particle board. You can a purchase 3/4 inch shelf board. Shelves are usually made out of particle board. Just make sure it is wide enough for a 12 inch to mount to it. Cut your hole out the board, mount sub to board, and then mount to rear deck underneath thru trunk. This way if you have a problem with sub or want to change in future, you don't have the pain of removing rear seat, rear deck board and all that stuff. Much easier this way. Make sure you use some type of seal between mounts for air tight fit and to prevent vibration from bass. Oh yea! Mount sub from the top of sub. Do not drop sub into hole cut out. You will need the extra 3/4 depth of board for subwoofer movement when the bass really hits.

So when u say dont drop it in, u mean mount the sub with the sub underneath the particle board, correct? and Instead i went with a 10" i found a better amp made for a 10" the 12" i wanted was good, but the 10" has just as much power and i have heard that going with a 10" with 2000 watts is better than going with a 12" with 2000 watts, some guy used the theory that subs are like cars, the sub is the car and watts is the engine, smaller sub more watts is better, but thank you for your advice it will come in very handy, now i dont have to take out my rear deck and seats :)

I just got yelled at by my dad because the battery in my car died last nite. Im only 18 and i admit, i am one lucky guy. but now i want to know how long the batterys in yalls cars last. the last time the battery in this car was replaced was in September 1999. All i have going right now is a 500 watt amp and of course the stock amp for the mids and highs in the doors. Turbo, i would like your say in this, you know much about the 1st gen.