Oil Change

raytay

Does anyone change their own oil in an RX 300? I tried to but could not get to the filter??

Also - does anyone do other maintenance items on their own? Any good resources on the web? I have a hard time keeping up with taking my car in every 5000 miles in order to increase their bottom line...

thanks,

ryan

When changing your oil on the RX300 just buy a heat glove like my mech. do so it wont burn your arm taking it off. Please use a factory filter preferably 90915-yzzb9 that still has plastic keeping the gasket lubed I use those on my 88 4x4 and 01 silversport every 3000 miles and have never had problems basic maintenence is not hard. every 3500 to 5000 miles an oil change and at the 15 thousand mark change t4 trans fluid (now US sourced so price has dropped) and at 30 mark include coolant tune up (basically plugs) are every 90,000 miles along with timing belt. I've seen RX's come in with 120,000 to 140,000 come in already!! Just be sure to oil change please we have had RX's come in at 25,000 with smoke at start up because it still has original oil filter on it and oil looks like tar. Hope this helps!!!