New Rack And Pinion

lovlex

i just got my car back from the dealer with the new rack and pinion. i think i have a new car. :cheers: when i bought the car, i always thought that the steering was too stiff and that the car wandered too much at high speeds. now the power steering is like a powering steering should be, really easy to turn and the car does not wander at high speeds anymore. i use to get a vibration when first driving the car, after it sat for a while. i thought it was flat spots in the tires and now that's gone. the dealer did and awesome job and the the 2005 es330 loaner was nice also. they had to order the part so i got to keep the loaner for 6 days, since they did not work on weekends. thanks guys for all the help. my ls now handles as a ls should. it almost handles as good as my 75 caddy, just kidding ;)

do you have to disconnect the battery to do this job?

You already have this job done, right? So why would it matter?

Technically, just about any time you work on the car the manual says to disconnect the battery, it's for safety. Of course it depends but many procedures start with disconnecting the battery.

do you have to disconnect the battery to do this job?

You already have this job done, right? So why would it matter?

Technically, just about any time you work on the car the manual says to disconnect the battery, it's for safety. Of course it depends but many procedures start with disconnecting the battery.

the only reason i said no is because you dont have to disconnect anything electronic to do the job...well a few things but tey are ABS and the Electronic SpeedSensitive Steering...but they arent gonna fryif you dont...

i wonder maybe if the dealer did disconnect the batt and erased his lock code and his preset stations.

my car has been in for way more work that a R&P and the stations have never been erased, therefore i can deduce that the battery was not disconected nor any main fuse removed while being worked on. thus it is not nessecary, because JP Importz did the work. If it needed to be done, he would have done it...correctly. my car has had well over $3,000 worth fo restoration work done there, (over a span of 3 viusits) and i dont think the batt was ever disconnected for the reasons stated above.