Driveshaft Replacement

dan83

My 1992 sc 400 virbates severely at 70 mph, suspecting the Universal joint in the driveshaft, but my local lexus dealer says i can only buy the whole shaft assembly with all the seals and center support bearing for over $800. where can i get just the universal joint?

dan

My 1992 sc 400 virbates severely at 70 mph, suspecting the Universal joint in the driveshaft, but my local lexus dealer says i can only buy the whole shaft assembly with all the seals and center support bearing for over $800. where can i get just the universal joint?

dan

Are you sure its not a wheel thats out of balance. You can not notice a wheel out of balance until you get to a certain speed. Does it stop after a certain speed also? What makes you think driveshaft?

it only vibrates from about 70-75, i think it is not the wheels because the vibration changes depending upon whether i am accelerating or coasting with no throttle. The tires are badly worn and i will be replacing them anyway. at the moment i am considering the driveshaft replacement with center bearing from driveshaftstore.com for $397.00. Lexus wants over $800. Any suggestions?

dan

• 2 months later...

Just curious, any update on this thread? Dan, did you get it fixed? Driveshaft?