Just Got New 2005 Es330

Your Lexus salsperson should be taken to the woodshed and thrashed! I bought my ES 330 here in Virginia for $28,000 including a end to end warranty, taxes, etc. It is completely loaded with every option imaginable. The dealer is fantastic and provides me a free carwash/cleaning every time I take it in for ANY reason. This is the best car I have ever driven and my Passengers love it because this is a well designed PASSENGER car.

The best way to make sure the car lasts is to treat it well. With you warranty and service contract take it to your service at each 2500 mile intervals. They will clean it, wash it, perform warranty and reg mantenance at no cost to you. When I lived in VT, I drove 35,000 miles without blinking an eyelash. In NE the car needs to be cleaned more often because of salt, corrosion and below zero weather. Let the dealer keep up the vehicle; if anytrhing goes wrong THEY give you a FREE loaner. What could be any easier?

If you ever visit DC, come to Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly and drop in and get set for an experience in people first.

ACK

Sorry, I don't believe a word of it. THe only way to get a new ES that's fully loaded with all the options for $28 K is if it's stolen.

Not to mention that I can't believe you got a service contract that covers all your maintenance at 2500 mile intervals for that price.

I just bought the new 05 es330 for my wife replacing her 03 gs430. since her gs had 79k miles and since it wasn't in such good shape, i didn't get much resale for it. I would like to keep this es330 a little longer and in better shape, so what should i do to keep it in perfect condition? What should i look out for; like problems with it etc.

I don't know if the es330 will perform as well as the gs430 in the long run considering the diffrence in price. I spent $50,000 for the gs430 and $39,980 for the es330. what makes the price so different? what do i gain and loose besides engine size to make the price so different? The 05 es330 has every option available, pretty much the same as the gs except quality in my opinion. It's the same blue (they said it was a special order, except i never pre-ordered anything LOL) as her old gs with the ivory interior w/wood steering wheel etc.. The navigation screen seems small to me, but they said it was just a hint smaller than the gs screen. I like the gs climate control/radio button positions better but they all work correctly (all she cares about). It is much smaller than the gs, but still comfortable as i would expect from a Lexus. The ride is smooth and the gas mileage! wow the gas mileage amazes me! That's the best thing about going from a 4.3 liter v8 to a 3.3 liter v6. I can tell the acceleration is less but it is fair for the gas mileage.

I asked the dealer about waxing it, and they said NOT to wax it for a while. does anyone know why they said not to wax it this early? I didn't wax the gs at all, and it is evident in the paint finish; i hope not to make the same mistake with the es330. My wife drives about 40k miles a year so i don't know if this changes how soon i should fix/add certain things etc. Anyone know of any ideas on what i should do first at this time?

do you think the es330 will perform and last as long as the gs430? Did i make a mistake getting the 05 es330 rather than the new gs430? My daughter has a 2004 es330 but it's different in looks; the interior seems much to plain to me, and the exterior lights are much to boring compaired to the 2005's sleek projectors headlamps. I love the new steering wheels (except for wood color); similar to the rx330. The radio+ navi controls on the wheel is a great feature; the gs430 had them as well.

I hope i made the right choice. does anyone have any input?

Your Lexus salsperson should be taken to the woodshed and thrashed! I bought my ES 330 here in Virginia for $28,000 including a end to end warranty, taxes, etc. It is completely loaded with every option imaginable. The dealer is fantastic and provides me a free carwash/cleaning every time I take it in for ANY reason. This is the best car I have ever driven and my Passengers love it because this is a well designed PASSENGER car.

The best way to make sure the car lasts is to treat it well. With you warranty and service contract take it to your service at each 2500 mile intervals. They will clean it, wash it, perform warranty and reg mantenance at no cost to you. When I lived in VT, I drove 35,000 miles without blinking an eyelash. In NE the car needs to be cleaned more often because of salt, corrosion and below zero weather. Let the dealer keep up the vehicle; if anytrhing goes wrong THEY give you a FREE loaner. What could be any easier?

If you ever visit DC, come to Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly and drop in and get set for an experience in people first.

ACK

Wow!! 28K for a completely loaded '05 ES330? If I drove down to your dealer, could you get me a similar deal? I'm ready to roll. :rolleyes:

Its more than that, if its fully loaded its past $38k. Invoice is about $34k, maybe 34.5 so 28k would be $6,000 below invoice, totally impossible unless the car was a demo, and thats even unlikely.

Its more than that, if its fully loaded its past $38k. Invoice is about $34k, maybe 34.5 so 28k would be $6,000 below invoice, totally impossible unless the car was a demo, and thats even unlikely.

if you go build one on the lexus site, comes to $37,110 fully loaded. with my zip code 76137.

but you are correct and its a moot piont...

Yep just priced it, fully loaded is $38,699. Thats before tax, taxes and tags on that car are like $2000. I would say THE BEST deal you could get on an ES330 brand new fully loaded is $36.5k taxes and tags included. Any less than that and the dealer would be losing on the deal.

It depends on your area too, some areas don't have certain options availiable. He "bought his car" from Pohanka Lexus which is where I live, I shopped there (horrible dealer BTW, slimy salepeople) so a fully loaded car here would be $38,699.

Yep just priced it, fully loaded is $38,699. Thats before tax, taxes and tags on that car are like $2000. I would say THE BEST deal you could get on an ES330 brand new fully loaded is $36.5k taxes and tags included. Any less than that and the dealer would be losing on the deal.

It depends on your area too, some areas don't have certain options availiable. He "bought his car" from Pohanka Lexus which is where I live, I shopped there (horrible dealer BTW, slimy salepeople) so a fully loaded car here would be $38,699.

then you have dealer markup which is usually 4-5K...gawd...do these cars really cost anywhere near that to make?

Yeah the profit margin is about $5000 on the ES. Its closer to $10,000 on the LS and the SUVs.

Its not really cost of production that drives the markup, the profit is kept by the dealership not Lexus. Lexus sells them at wholesale which includes the cost of production and their profit. Whatever the dealer can get above wholesale is their profit, plus holdback. The salesman makes a commission on the profit made by the dealership. Most dealerships don't buy their inventory anymore they actually rent it when it sits on the lot, then they pay Lexus wholesale less holdback when the car is sold. How much of the markup they get to keep is a direct function of supply and demand. The longer the car sits on their lot, the more it costs them in rental fees and insurance and that eats into the profit, thats why dealers have to sell the cars quickly. I can not imagine any reason to take a $6,000 hit on a current model year car though, that has to be BS.

When I bought my car the MSRP was $39675 and I got it for $35k even plus tax and title. That was $4,675 off the list price and it was ALMOST invoice. That was an excellent deal and it was unbeatable in the DC Metro area at the time. I've seen nothing to make me think that the market for ES, especially the refreshed 05 is any softer now, I bought my car in January which is the slowest month in the car business.

Yeah the profit margin is about $5000 on the ES. Its closer to $10,000 on the LS and the SUVs.

Its not really cost of production that drives the markup, the profit is kept by the dealership not Lexus. Lexus sells them at wholesale which includes the cost of production and their profit. Whatever the dealer can get above wholesale is their profit, plus holdback. The salesman makes a commission on the profit made by the dealership. Most dealerships don't buy their inventory anymore they actually rent it when it sits on the lot, then they pay Lexus wholesale less holdback when the car is sold. How much of the markup they get to keep is a direct function of supply and demand. The longer the car sits on their lot, the more it costs them in rental fees and insurance and that eats into the profit, thats why dealers have to sell the cars quickly. I can not imagine any reason to take a $6,000 hit on a current model year car though, that has to be BS.

When I bought my car the MSRP was $39675 and I got it for $35k even plus tax and title. That was $4,675 off the list price and it was ALMOST invoice. That was an excellent deal and it was unbeatable in the DC Metro area at the time. I've seen nothing to make me think that the market for ES, especially the refreshed 05 is any softer now, I bought my car in January which is the slowest month in the car business.

no i mean do they cost anwyehere near 40K to make them? surely not...i mean they are made well with top quailty materials...but damn... i could build one for half that i should think...how much of that 40K is lexus profit?

no i mean do they cost anwyehere near 40K to make them? surely not...i mean they are made well with top quailty materials...but damn... i could build one for half that i should think...how much of that 40K is lexus profit?

OK Army......I'm going to commission you to build me a Lexus. Let me know when you're ready to start. :lol:

OK Army......I'm going to commission you to build me a Lexus. Let me know when you're ready to start. :lol:

yeah sure, let me get my !Removed! up and right on that LOL.

should i pull the parts out of my !Removed! too? or do they have to be new?

;) :D

I'll leave that up to you.......All I want is a new Lexus that's assembled as good as they do on an assembly line, and then brought over to SW03ES for the final quality control checks and his super detailing. LOL :P

I'll leave that up to you.......All I want is a new Lexus that's assembled as good as they do on an assembly line, and then brought over to SW03ES for the final quality control checks and his super detailing. LOL :P

will do, it will be done in about 2 days. ill PM with pix LOL. :rolleyes: B)