Question About Heater/leak/etc

IlyaIlya

Hey its me again, I m probably very annoying hehe . sorry

anyways I had the leak in front pass side that i did not know where it was from.

So I want to ask something, every time it gets cold my heat does not work, I set it on, it shows that its running but no hot air is blowing, after it gets warmer it starts to work.

So is that related to the leak? cause if it leaks it probably freezes up some door that should be closed or opened . And cause the heat to start running

Can the leak and no heat in cold weather be related? any ideas ?

if heater core leaks would that cause the heat not to work in cold weather?

thanx again in advance

today i washed car, and looked under carpet and it was wet, i should have checked it out before i washed it to see if it was due to the heater.

now i cant really know if its that or from washing car .

the leak is on the left side of pass side, i have no idea where its comming from,

and while messing around there i found some wires that are together and are cut, like 5 wires in total, dont know what they do , this stuff is very annoying ; (

thinking about selling car and getting another one just like it, but i dont really want to make some one else mess with this stuff, and if i get new car i ll be paying around 1k for tax/inpection/registration etc

so i guess i ll just take to some shop and see if they can fix, time to shell out some $$ ; (

thanx

Hmm... if the leak was because of a leaky heater core, you should smell coolant in the cabin. Does the liquid smell like coolant? Your best bet is take it to a shop that specializes in finding auto leaks. I think SK suggested that to you before.