Replacement Cd Changer For '98 Lx470?

Lazy Flamingo

The CD changer in my LX470 has eaten a CD for the 3rd time.  Lexus wants over $1000 to replace it (no surprise).  Anybody have recommendations re: my options?

Is your changer the 6 disc indash ? If your headunit has a 12 pin connector on the back [ built in 97 ] you can put a 6 disc pioneer in the armrest compartment , Let me know and We'll take it from there. B)

The CD changer in my LX470 has eaten a CD for the 3rd time.  Lexus wants over $1000 to replace it (no surprise).  Anybody have recommendations re: my options?

Is your changer the 6 disc indash ? If your headunit has a 12 pin connector on the back [ built in 97 ] you can put a 6 disc pioneer in the armrest compartment , Let me know and We'll take it from there. B)

Yes - the original Lexus indash 6 CD changer. Ideally, I'd like to find a cosmetically compatible indash changer rather than take up one of the only usable storage spaces in the vehicle. If that's not practical (and I don't want to pay Lexus $1000 for a stupid CD changer) then tell me about the Pioneer.

Thanks!

Yes - the original Lexus indash 6 CD changer. Ideally, I'd like to find a cosmetically compatible indash changer rather than take up one of the only usable storage spaces in the vehicle. If that's not practical (and I don't want to pay Lexus $1000 for a stupid CD changer) then tell me about the Pioneer.

Thanks!

Well it sounds like your cd player is a FUJITSU and LEXUS has a exchange program that charges $300.00 if it is a panasonic the exchange is $325.00 and a pioneer exchange is $495.00. Anyways I can set you up with a 6 disc pioneer changer that mounts in the armrest compartment but you have to have the 12 pin connector behind your radio to install the changer. B)

• 2 weeks later...

I would purchase a brand new cd changer from Circuit City and have them install it.

Fees:

* Cd Changer-Depends on which one you purchase.

* Installation: $70

* 2 yr. extended warranty (never have to deal with manufacture, free replacement, installation from old vehicle to new vehicle..) $25-$30

* 4 yr. extended warranty (never have to deal with manufacture, free replacement, installation from old vehicle to new vehicle..) $35-$40

* Antennas-Depends if your vehicle needs add-ons. (~$13 each)

Personally, I enjoy the extended warranty, quality of service and most of all the PRICE that circuit city has to offer. $1k is a lot of cash especially for a cd changer. Save the money or invest it in your 30, 60 or 90k mile services....