97 Es300 Cd-change Problem

i just bougth a 97 es300 and am glad to be here. i have a problem with my cd-changer. i can put a cd into the sleeve, the player will recognize the cd and or cd's, i can shuffle between cd's, but it will never a play a track. there is never any error code displayed. from all indications it looks perfect. any advice before i buy a replacement?

sounds like the laser is off

but are you putting the discs with the label facing up or down?

i think my 94 stock lexus cd player had them face label side down

not sure on yours though

as mine was trunk and yours is glove box

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having problems with my 97 es300 cd changer. I get the error code 1. Specifically "err 1". I have done an exhaustive search on the web and at pioneer and found that they DO NOT list what this code means. Anyone with information please post.

Thank you.

The previous owner noted that I should spray some compressed air in their and clear the laser lens. I've shot a lot of air in there all over and it almost started to work.

I also just missed on on Ebay that sold for $175 USD. I wasn't about to buy that one with out investigating this error.

I may just have to buy a new unit - I want to go to a mp3 compatible unit sooner or later.

-S