I Think I'm Going To Sell The Es....

branshew

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I'm going to sell the ES. With the newborn I find less time to work on/play with the rides these days, and it would shed some off the insurance premiums by not having 3 cars on the policy. I just sold the C Class Benz and I'm pretty sure I'll sell the Lex and put the combined returns towards something else. I'm thinking mid 90's S Class, GS300, or LS400.

It's been a great car and I'll definitely miss it. The car has been very reliable Anyone know the realistic market value for a well maintained 3 owner '95 ES300 w/ 120K on it? I've owned it for 5 years and have complete service history. Anyone interested?

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I'm going to sell the ES.  With the newborn I find less time to work on/play with the rides these days, and it would shed some off the insurance premiums by not having 3 cars on the policy.  I just sold the C Class Benz and I'm pretty sure I'll sell the Lex and put the combined returns towards something else.  I'm thinking mid 90's S Class, GS300, or LS400.

It's been a great car and I'll definitely miss it.  The car has been very reliable  Anyone know the realistic market value for a well maintained 3 owner '95 ES300 w/ 120K on it?  I've owned it for 5 years and have complete service history.  Anyone interested?

Since you've already sold one car, I'm not sure you're going to be any better off selling the Lexus and replacing it with another luxury car. You might want to get some hard numbers from your insurance agent (pointing out that you've already sold one car) to see if swapping it for a GS or LS would make any difference. I suspect you'll lose more in the trade than what you gain.

You've got a car you love that's reliable and isn't causing you any problems. Personally, I don't think I'd give that up for a similar era used car - unless someone could show me HUGE savings on insurance. Buying a 10 year old used car is a risky proposition.

I'd say to stick with the Lexus unless there's some other reason for wanting to trade.

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I'm going to sell the ES.  With the newborn I find less time to work on/play with the rides these days, and it would shed some off the insurance premiums by not having 3 cars on the policy.  I just sold the C Class Benz and I'm pretty sure I'll sell the Lex and put the combined returns towards something else.  I'm thinking mid 90's S Class, GS300, or LS400.

It's been a great car and I'll definitely miss it.  The car has been very reliable  Anyone know the realistic market value for a well maintained 3 owner '95 ES300 w/ 120K on it?  I've owned it for 5 years and have complete service history.  Anyone interested?

Why get rid of a well-maintained '95 ES300 for an S-class, GS300 or LS400 of the same vintage that you know nothing about? You may end up with someone's headache!

Martin T.

The insurance savings was really more of a perk than anything. I wiill have some savings now that I am down to 2 cars. My thought was to get rid of both smaller cars and to get something a bit bigger. Ideally I would like a V8 engine (I know the 1st gen GS doesn't have one - but it is a bit larger than the ES), but I'm not set on the V8.

I think the problem is that I kind of have the "bug" for something different. The Lexus has been constant over the last 5 years and I have traded out my other car a coupe of times just to have something different. I could keep the Lexus and still get another ride to replace the C, but I just don't see the need for a third car anymore. I'd also like to have something with fewer miles, and if I hold on to it too much longer the ES will have 0 value left (not that it's worth a fortune now).

I agree about the potential of buying someone else's headache and that's not what I am looking for. I'm in no hurry so I could wait it out until I found a one owner w/ full service detail. I expect that no matter what I buy I'll have to have some service done to get it up to my standards. I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but I appreciate the input.

I realize you're trying to sell yourself on a new car, but your ES is hardly going to have zero value if you hold onto it. At that age the value is pretty constant.

Nothing wrong with having some savings, Americans have this idea that they have to spend every dollar they have as soon as it comes in. Play around with some investments, start up a college fund for your new baby, pay down your mortgage, etc. I just see no reason to trade out of a car you know the history of and back into something just as old thats much more expensive to repair (i.e. an LS). Gotta have priorities. That car will run another 100k miles if you keep it in good repair.

Cars like the S class and LS (especially the S class my god) will cost more to service at times then they're worth. They are very expensive.

I can understand the desire for a new car, but its not going to be a "wise" purchase decision. You've got to do it because its what you want to do.