Cold Weather Disables Climate Control

I live in new england..i have a 2000 GS400....70k miles....platinum....w/nav system.....So the climate systeml is controled from the touch screen, and there are some buttone around the screen......during the winter, when its epsecially cold, I'll start the car, but none of the light on the climate buttons around the screen light up, and if i switch the screen to cliamte control view, all of the buttons are greyed out...sometimes if i turn off the car, and restart it, the lights will iluminate, but only after pushing the auto button, and off button back and fourth...but this technique does not always work.....somethines the buttons i push, even though the lights don't come on, will actually control the climate system, but not always.....

anyone else have this problem/? is there even antything i can do? other then when its very cold, this doesn't happen....

Also, even after driving all the way to work , fter the car has warmed up, the light and buttons on the screen don't become active, until i restart the car

Thanx

There is TSB on this condition. Unfortunately, the part that needs to be replaced is the multi-display. The list price? Hold on to your hat....$7,400.00! Of course, there is a possibility that you have some other problem. In any case, this is a job for the Lexus garage. Only they have the tools (and hopefully experience) that will let you know what the actual problem is.

If you would have searched you'd have found others have experienced this as well. <_<

your 2 cents was not necessary.....not to mention, I found only 1 other thread, and the guy never reported back with what the problem was...so thought I’d repost...and look, and got a response from someone else, that wasn't posted to the other thread......you don't have to be so bitter, pessimist

don't think just becasue your an advanced user, it makes it alright to be a prick

If you would have searched you'd have found others have experienced this as well. <_<

your 2 cents was not necessary.....not to mention, I found only 1 other thread, and the guy never reported back with what the problem was...so thought I’d repost...and look, and got a response from someone else, that wasn't posted to the other thread......you don't have to be so bitter, pessimist

don't think just becasue your an advanced user, it makes it alright to be a prick

Your oulook on life and attitude determines how you interpret things, so you assume I'm being a prick and a pessimist. Says alot about your outlook on life and attitude! Good luck with that, I see it's working well for you :lol: <_<

Your oulook on life and attitude determines how you interpret things, so you assume I'm being a prick and a pessimist. Says alot about your outlook on life and attitude! Good luck with that, I see it's working well for you :lol: <_<

lol....you're the one making assumptions...you assumed i didn't search, but i did.....you think you're so much smarter then everyone else..i can tell your type....now you're trying to weasil out of your comment by saying i'm making assumptions of you, when i'm just commenting on your comment.....