Rx330 Cracked Weld Seam On Door

OKEH1

Last weekend I was cleaning my 2004 RX330, I noticed a small paint chip on the inside seam of the passenger door where the window pillar meets the main door frame, I looked closer an can see the weld and there is a clear crack line across from the inner and edge of the seam, this leads me to presume a poor weld and has probably fractured due to closing the door, I very rairely have a passenger in the car so it has not been overused , I was just wondering if any other owners have spotted this problem or is mine an anomoly.

I intend to take it into the dealer to have it looked at , but I dont want them to start welding and respaying the vehicle as I am sure it wouldnt be the same again, any suggestions?.

I also have to return it again for very bad odours from the aircon which continually re occurs, de odiorising just masks for a week or so, also while it was in last time they noticed the bonnet stay was fainlng to support the bonnet properly so a new one has been ordered, that was 3 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting.

Another annoyance is the popping noise I get from the suspension when driving slowly around carparks even the smallest bump tends to emit a loud noise from the passenger side, and along witht he dashboard creaks and knocks it is an uncomfortable car to be in .

I guess my bets bet would be to contact Lexus, but who do I address the problems too,?.

Thanks in anticipation of any helpful replies.

Just returned from dealer, the suspected weld crack, they state it is only the filler material under the paint that is cracked , but I am not convinced so have asked for further investigation.

Regarding the mold smell from the A/C demister, they told me to leave the controls set to automatic permanently to stop any build up of mold etc, I dont really agree with this as a remedy as now I dont really have any control over the heater air settings and no other car I have driven has similar problems.

They have the Bonnet/hood strut so will replace that, they forgot to let me know it was in stock.

They loaned me a new rx330, and this car feels like a different car altogether, no transmission lag, very smooth and quiet, and NO RATTLES, .

I am going to vivsit my salesman this week, see if he can sort out something, my car is definatly not what I would say and led to believe Lexus quality and reliability.

The only thing mine is reliable for is getting me to and from the servicing dept where it spends most of its time.

I think if you do a search ther is another member here that had a similar odor problem that couldn't be resolved and they got him into a new car. I am making it sound sooo easy LOL do the search and contact him, I'm sure he can help you.

Jeff