Replacing Es300 Taillights

cdroeske

How do you replace the taillight bulbs for a 97 ES300. I can see one bulb that can be removed, but that does not appear to be the bulb that is burned out. Do you need to remove the whole taillight assembly. If so, how do you do that?

How do you replace the taillight bulbs for a 97 ES300. I can see one bulb that can be removed, but that does not appear to be the bulb that is burned out. Do you need to remove the whole taillight assembly. If so, how do you do that?

remove the placstic and there should be 10mm(?) bolts holdin the lamps in.

Justin97, thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how to remove the plastic lens? I've found one screw the appears to hold the taillight on to the deck lid but that its. I just don't want to break the lens.

Justin97, thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how to remove the plastic lens? I've found one screw the appears to hold the taillight on to the deck lid but that its. I just don't want to break the lens.

wait a minute what r u tryin to replace? to replace blown taillights i just remove the plastic pop clips with some needle nose plairs and remove all the plastic on that side of the truck. every things is easy to get to then and the taillight housing it self is easy taken out from inside of the truck. there is no need to remove te lens of the taillight.

My ES is a 94 model, and I don't know what the differences may be between it and your 97.

In my car, you must first remove the plastic panel that runs along the top of the trunk lip. This is held in with about 5-6 plastic fasteners. Pull up on the panel and the fasteners will pull out of their holes.

After removing the top panel, you can remove the panel which forms the back wall of the trunk. There are also clips that hold this in place. You will then see the nuts and bolts which hold the taillight assembly in place. Using a 10mm deep well socket, remove the nuts. I believe there are about five of them. Two of them are over at the outer edge of the trunk. They may be hidden by the side panel of the trunk.

After these nuts are removed, the taillight assembly can be pulled straight out. You then have access to all the bulbs. The various bulbs are combinations of #1156, #1157, and #168. (At least they are in my car.)