Question About Fan Clutch In 93 Sc300

Should i be able to manually spin the fan ? I noticed it was able to move pretty easily -almost no resistance, probably in Oct . I bought the new coupling at the dealership,so it is a genuin Lexus...excuse me Toyota coupling. But this one sure seems about the same,maybe slightly more tension. Also it seems like it runs a little hotter than it used to. Any help would be appreciated.

Unlike American cars, the fan clutch assembly of a Toyota / Lexus is designed to be troublefree for decades and hundreds of thousands of miles in a dry climate like California where you live. In the rust belt states, external corrosion may shorten the life.

The fan clutch is working well if the temperature gauge stays steady even when creeping along slowly in rush hour traffic. However, if the temp gauge rises noticably - like beyond half way up the dial - then something is likely amiss with the cooling system.

The amount of spinning resistance of the fan is not a reliable indicator of fan clutch condition (unless the fan spins with no resistance at all which is not good)