Engine Check & Trac Off Lights On... ... :(

dickholy

go back to Autozone and see if you can't retrieve your good sensor from whatever trach can you tossed it in. It may be a little dirty digging, but you would dig if someone told you there was a $100 bill in the trach can.....I know I would.

It is worth a phone call to Autozone at least, try to speak with the service person that was with you when you swapped it out. Your discarded sensor will/should say Denso on it.

steviej

PS, I don't think you can return the new one in use because it is an electronic part and Autozone I don not think will reshelve it.

go back to Autozone and see if you can't retrieve your good sensor from whatever trach can you tossed it in.    It may be a little dirty digging, but you would dig if someone told you there was a $100 bill in the trach can.....I know I would.

It is worth a phone call to Autozone at least, try to speak with the service person that was with you when you swapped it out.  Your discarded sensor will/should say Denso on it.

steviej

PS, I don't think you can return the new one in use because it is an electronic part and Autozone I don not think will reshelve it.

i cant agree with you there steviej! :lol: i would have to just consider it preventative maintenance...LOL.

Here are some basic knowledge about 02 sensors. There are 3 sensors on the ES300: Bank 1 sensor 1, Bank 2 sensor 1 and Bank 2 sensor 2.

Location of the sensors: Two sensors on the exhuast manifolds and one more behind the cat converter.

Which one is which? Bank 1 sensor 1 is the located by the fire wall, Bank 2 sensor 1 is the one on the front.

What are their jobs? Bank 1 sensor 1 and Bank 2 sensor 1 called the A/F(air/fuel) sensor. It measures the amount of air/fuel coming out of the exhuast manifold. These A/F sensor will send the signals your main ECU, The ECU will control the injectors(speed them up or slow them down). 02 sensor located bethind the cat converter, it measure the performance of your cat converter.

One last thing, Never trust anyone at autozone diagnost your vehicle. They are not certified and never have any training. Please spend some money have qualified tech work on your Lexus. I hope I clear something up.

JPI

Well, the lights are all off now, but my wallet is a good bit lighter. First, my daughter had to take it to a mechanic in San Luis Obispo near her college (no Autozone or Pep Boys around). They charged $149 for diagnosis and reset of the lights (I know, ripoff). Turned out to be two codes that pointed to the EGR temp sensor ($160 for part, $70 for labor). That took care of one code. Then they had to order another part (don't recall, but it was only about $30 and installed free) to clear the second code. By the time all was said and done, $440 out the door. It's a small town, so I shouldn't be surprised to get hosed a bit.

It's going in to an independent tomorrow AM.  We'll see what they come up with after they read the codes.

Thanks,

Neil