Brake Controller For Rx330

dmiller

I own a 2004 RX330 with a dealer installed hitch and tow package (rated for 3500 lbs). My wife and I are also in the process of buying a Pop-up (tent) trailer to pull behind it. We are looking for information on IF the RX330 is prewired for a brake controller. We are not sure, as the towing package/hitch wiring has a 4-pin connecter, but a 6 or 7 pin connector is needed for the braking signal. We are looking to buy a Tekonsha Prodigy controller, and it appears that there is a "Toyota" wiring harness available to connect it directly in the driver foot well, but does this also apply to the RX330 (similar to Highlander with Towing package)?

We would appreciate any help before we commit to a large investment in the trailer.

David & Barbara

You have purchased the wrong vehicle, ABSOLUTELY, if you want to tow a trailer that needs the type of braking control you propose.

Keep in mind that your transmission requires fluid changes every 15k miles even if you only add 150lbs to the roof rack. Towing 3500lbs would likely require fluid changes at each gas fill-up.