$1000us For Sizeable Paint Touchups/full Detail...

I got an estimate to repaint the rear bumper, fix the door dings, touch up all the clear coat and paint chips/blemishes, and get a full detail (including removal of scratches and swirl marks) for the lexus today, and the cost came out to around $1000US. Does that sound like a lot or is that about right?

PS here is the place I got the estimate from: http://www.losra.net

That doesn't mean anything. I let a very well known and hugely successful detailing shop wash my car and they destroyed it, wiped it down afterwards with dish rags and cost me hours and hours of work re-polishing the paint. MOST people don't know the difference between good quality work and poor quality work so because a shop has repeat customers and does high quality vehicles doesn't neccisarily mean they do a good job.

Ask to see a black car that they've just completely detailed, check it out in the light for swirls.

I do occasionally stop by and check out the cars they have out front, they usually look awesome. I made sure to ask about their techniques and what products they used, and all his answers checked out.