Read Faq And Did A Search...

katyanne

I did my research, but could not find the answer to my question. My check engine light and my airbag light are both on. I took my 1994 ES300 to autozone who told me my O2 sensor was out. I'm having to save up the money to pay for the O2 sensor, so I haven't changed it yet.

All that leads up to my question. Does it mean something else since the two lights are on together? I read earlier that the engine light and trac light together mean the car is in safety mode. Also, do both lights typically come on when a sensor goes out?

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I searched all around my area and nobody offers a motor vac. I guess we gotta get with the program around here! So, now I actually have to replace to O2 sensor. It's the one before the catalytic converter so it's more expensive, I'm told. My next question is why can't autozone diagnose the airbag light? This is for my personal curiousity. I appreciate your help!

autozone only carries an obd2 scanner which read basic engine codes

it does not read manufature codes like the srs ,abs,trac and other sytems which only $5000 scanners can do

BTW kat what grade octane gas do you use?

Initially I was using regular, but after reading more about my problem, I've been using premium. I've probably been using premium for about a month. I bought my car back in September of 2004. It has 160,000 miles on it.