Mark Levinson Sound System

I have an ES300 with the Mark Levinson sound system without the navigation system. Since I purchased the car in March 2002, I have had three radios, three driver side speakers, and two amplifiers and the dealership cannot find anything wrong.

The dealership had my car for one week and could not find the problem. I picked up my car and within 30 minutes the volume dropped again. Over the last three days I have lost volume (sounds more like monoral rather than full stereo when the volume drops) at least half a dozen times. I have written Mark Levinson and contacted the Lexus dealership again.

Now they want my car back to do more testing. I'm looking into the Lemon Law to see what I can do at this point.

Anyone else out there experiencing the same problems?

I'm not too familiar with the Mark Levinson system without the Navigation system. On my 2003 ES w/ Nav and Mark Levinson there is a control called ASL(Automatic Sound Levelizer) which controls the radio volume depending on your speed. Did they ever check out this part of the radio? They might not have this feature without the Nav. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Alan

I have an ES300 with the Mark Levinson sound system without the navigation system. Since I purchased the car in March 2002, I have had three radios, three driver side speakers, and two amplifiers and the dealership cannot find anything wrong.

The dealership had my car for one week and could not find the problem. I picked up my car and within 30 minutes the volume dropped again. Over the last three days I have lost volume (sounds more like monoral rather than full stereo when the volume drops) at least half a dozen times. I have written Mark Levinson and contacted the Lexus dealership again.

Now they want my car back to do more testing. I'm looking into the Lemon Law to see what I can do at this point.

Anyone else out there experiencing the same problems?

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/

Follow the link above to find out if you are within the lemon law guied lines. This site will also tell you what you should do to help you issue.