Just Got My First Lexus!

Hey everyone. :) I just bought my first Lexus last night. Its a 1992 ES300 which I paid 4500 for. Its got 125K miles and drives amazing! Im so happy. Its got some minor problems of course and I was wondering ho0w I should go about dealing with it. Is it better taking it directly to Lexus or maybe fixing these issues with a private mechanic? For example, my passenger door doesnt open from the outside, I think the door handle is disconnected from the inside. The passenger door sounds like it makes a rattling noise from the inside, possivble due tot eh door handle stuff inside tapping against the glass? The rear suspension is squeeky, can it be fixed with a lube job maybe?? Thanks for your replies! :D Ill take a picture and post it soon.

Hey everyone. :) I just bought my first Lexus last night. Its a 1992 ES300 which I paid 4500 for. Its got 125K miles and drives amazing! Im so happy. Its got some minor problems of course and I was wondering ho0w I should go about dealing with it. Is it better taking it directly to Lexus or maybe fixing these issues with a private mechanic? For example, my passenger door doesnt open from the outside, I think the door handle is disconnected from the inside. The passenger door sounds like it makes a rattling noise from the inside, possivble due tot eh door handle stuff inside tapping against the glass? The rear suspension is squeeky, can it be fixed with a lube job maybe?? Thanks for your replies! :D Ill take a picture and post it soon.

the door can be fixed by opening from the inside, removing the door panel and peeling back the SDM (Sound Deadening Material) and inspecting the mechanism. chances are you will have to remove the outer halde to repair. it sounds as if the cable has snapped or a lever has come loose somewhere, depending on which system this car uses.

as for the creaky rear, get under the car and look for anything obvius, worn bushings, heat shileds rubbing, anything that could make a squeak.. mine does this when turning, and its body flex, the car is old.

but if you wouldnt have any idea what you are looking for, take it to a mechanic. for a nominal fee, they can diagnose it for you.

Welcome, hope you enjoy your car. Not sure about the squeeky sound from the rear, being a 92 might be bushings, serch around in the forums, you will find pleanty of good info and tips. Someone on the forum should know of a good mechanic in your area. Lexus dealers are high, you may have to order parts from them. Lots of stuff on line also. Take your time, check people and places out good. Have fun and take care!

Timothy

i just got a 95 es300...I too have a squeek in the rear and have about 128,000 miles. It sounds more of like a jiggling low-pitch rattle and was told it is just old suspension. My car is actually being serviced right now at the local shell gas station (AAA approved) as the dealers are $$$ especially for a college student. They got me new instrument cluster needles for $280...as I have the burned out needles. Right now I am getting that fixed along with new breaks in the rear, new front stablizer bar kit, alignment, and some other minor things. Good luck with your car

Hey nice pictures of your car and welcome to the club :) . As for the driver side door handle not working on the outside, does the outside door handle have no resistance? If doesn't have resistance, then the handle is probably broken. My passenger door handle had that condition and it turns out that a piece of plastic broke off on the handle (this was on my Camry). I was able to fix it though using a screw and some JB Weld, that did the trick. Hopefully your handle isn't broken like mine was. Enjoy your ES and happy motoring! :cheers: