1993 Lexus Es300

I own a 93 Lexus ES300. I has approximately 150,000 miles on it. Lately whenever I come to a complete stop and then pull out, my car stalls for a few seconds like it has lost power. It also does this on the initial start up. The first thing I did was replace my spark plugs. Next, I replaced the fuel filter, which was absolutely filthy! This helped some, in that it does not do it as often. I dont know what to do next? I dont think that it is my fuel pump because I was told by a Lexus dealership that they usually go out all at once.

Somebody, Anybody, Please help me!!

I own a 93 Lexus ES300. I has approximately 150,000 miles on it. Lately whenever I come to a complete stop and then pull out, my car stalls for a few seconds like it has lost power. It also does this on the initial start up. The first thing I did was replace my spark plugs. Next, I replaced the fuel filter, which was absolutely filthy! This helped some, in that it does not do it as often. I dont know what to do next? I dont think that it is my fuel pump because I was told by a Lexus dealership that they usually go out all at once.

The fuel filter, and the fuel pump were both the problem. also could be the injectors in that mix too.

replace the fuel pump and go from there. your fuel pump probably went bad, working double time, as it was trying to push fuel through a clogged filter. i need to do my fuel filter here shortly too.

How is your cap and rotors? Fuel pressure? Crank and cam sensors wave? Have a qualify lexus tech check this vehicle out before you spend money on parts that you don't need!

JPI

How is your cap and rotors? Fuel pressure? Crank and cam sensors wave? Have a qualify lexus tech check this vehicle out before you spend money on parts that you don't need!

JPI

there is an easy way to diagnose the ignition sytem without hurting the car...

-start car

-remove plug wires with car running 1 at a time.

-if you remove one and the engine doesnt change the way it runs, either the plug, the wire or the cap is not firing at that particular plug. place the wire next ot the valve cover, if you can hear the "pop of the spark, then its sparking, the problem is the plug.

sorry abotu the misinfo, i must have been alseep. there are, in fact, many things that can cause these symptoms.