Got My Recall Notice Today

Drumrboy

Did you own a 97 RX in the first year of its life?

All cars have issues that were not anticipated from the engineers when it is the first of a new design.

what would you rather have a broken switch or a broken crankshaft like a ford focus with 20 miles?

All cars have issues that were not anticipated from the engineers when it is the first of a new design.

what would you rather have a broken switch or a broken crankshaft like a ford focus with 20 miles?

I beleive 99 was the first 'model' year the RX first appeared SK, there was no actual 1997 OR 1998 RX 300. B)

:cheers:

I understand what your saying but........

I bought my 330 new in march, since then..

1. Trans lag, Ok, ive learned to live with it and drive accordingly

2. Wind noise from the drivers and passenger windows, I wouldnt mind the noise if it wasnt for the draft that comes with it.

3. The loud rattle that comes from the center of the dash.

4. The creak in the moonroof. (fixed at the 5000 mi. service)

5. The squeaking, creaking, groaning drivers seat. (fixed at the 5000 mi service)

6. The HID's that while illuminating side to side, dont reach more than 30 feet in front. (dealer says its in spec)

thats just what i think are problems. What annoys me include:

1. backup camera is a joke! Yes, sure, I wont run over anything but dont dare use it to park!

2. Navigation system is average at best. The newest version still has me going down a one way street (the wrong way) thats been changed 5 years ago.

I have more but i think you guys get the point..

Brake switch? right, big f'n deal. What do i do when the brake booser goes??? Or what do i do when my wife gets t-boned because she doesnt understand "fly by wire"? What im trying to say is that some of these problems are not "minor problems"

I shelled out over 40 large for this car after leasing one for 3 (trouble free) years and im not a happy camper.

I really think Lexus quality has gone to crap.

j>