Brake Lock Problem On Rx330

zuti

Has anyone with 2004 RX330 experienced brake locking problem. I had to get towed today to my local Westchester,NY dealer and they told me it was a silent recall for this problem. The brake drums freeze up while driving and don't unlock.

Has anyone with 2004 RX330 experienced brake locking problem. I had to get towed today to my local Westchester,NY dealer and they told me it was a silent recall for this problem. The brake drums freeze up while driving and don't unlock.

I think you might have posted in the wrong forum by mistake friend. B)

:cheers:

There is a thread out there (at least one) discussing it. Has to do with faulty break booster, and for some reason it seems to be only the Canadian built RX's. Supposedly all use the same parts, but only the ex-Canada ones fail.

We just got ours back Monday, it was in the shop for a month waiting on the brake booster part they needed. (2004 RX330)

By the way, just got off the phone with Lexus Corporate, and they informed me officially that the dealer would be reimbursing me for the time our car was in the shop ($20/day). Basically the prorated lease payment.

They also took care of the radiator recall and the break light recall while it was in the shop.

There is a thread out there (at least one) discussing it. Has to do with faulty break booster, and for some reason it seems to be only the Canadian built RX's. Supposedly all use the same parts, but only the ex-Canada ones fail.

We just got ours back Monday, it was in the shop for a month waiting on the brake booster part they needed. (2004 RX330)

By the way, just got off the phone with Lexus Corporate, and they informed me officially that the dealer would be reimbursing me for the time our car was in the shop ($20/day). Basically the prorated lease payment.

They also took care of the radiator recall and the break light recall while it was in the shop.

Good its fixed

What car did they give you to drive for a month?

I think you might have posted in the wrong forum by mistake friend. B)

:cheers:

No this is the right forum, I own an RX330 bought in NY. The dealer told me today thay the car will be kept for two weeks. They are paying for a rent a car. They know the problem very well and the parts are on back order.