Map Light Info For Russ White

ajvenuto

Russ,

I received you email and tried responding personally to your email via email or personal message but have been denied access to both on this forum. I'm a new member so I don't know the forum rules very well yet. If you could explain, it would be much appreciated.

Now to answer your email. I did open the lens cover on the map light housing (with the help of fellow members) and found only one bulb inside. It was on the right side of the housing. The left end of the housing (where you might expect to find a second bulb) was empty. Your are correct in assuming that this light is NOT illuminated when my doors are opened. The only light that comes on is when doors are opened is the larger light between the front seats and rear seats on the ceiling.

My map light near the inside rear view mirror only comes on when the switch next to it is turned on.

Please let me know if you got this message because I could not send this to you personally.

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for your reply. That is exactly the information I needed.

All new members are denied the privleges you mentioned until they have contributed some number of posts - I don't know the exact number. I was frustrated at the beginning too, but just keep chiming in with questions or answers and before long your status will change from new club member and you will be able to PM and email other members.

Russ

Since the RX map light is useless, and tends to interfere with the driver's night vision when used, I replaced the dome light with a Ford Explorer fixture that has a dome light and two individually switched map lights. Much better "map" lighting for my wife and no blinding for me.