Anyone Here Ever Used Auto Rx?

branshew

I was thinking about giving it a try on my '95. I've got about 120K on it and I am trying to keep it until at least 200K. The engine still runs strong and it drives like the day I bought it. It's spent it's whole life on Dino oil with changes every 3K. I had a Bilstein flush from Lexus @ 100K, but nothing since then.

I need to do a valve cover gasket job anyway so I thought about some before and after pictures. Any thoughts?

Used it on my RX when I had a rear main seal leak and it fixed it like a charm. While I went ahead and had the seal replaced b/c I had an extended warranty, I have nothing but good things to say about the product...and I still add 3 ounces of it every time I change the oil. I do not usually like additives, but this stuff is different than what is usually out there on the market. I like it .

an additive is a band aid

it seals what is bad but also can block passages that may be small

I'm with you on that SK. I would never put any "stop leak" crap in my engine to "fix" a leaky seal. I'm not looking at it as an additive to block any leaks like sgriffith. I prefer to just go ahead and replace those gaskets that are leaking. I had the pan gasket & screen replaced @ 15K ago so I'm not worried about clogging anything.

Auto Rx not one of those "miracle lubricants" like Slick 50 and other PTFE / Teflon products. It's chemistry is entirely different and it was developed (applied would probably be a better term) for a different purpose. It is composed of lanolin, aliphitic, and polyol esters that are designed to clean off sludge and varnish deposits that have built up over the years. I'm, guessing that with 160K I've probably got a little of both.

My front valve cover gasket is leaking. I will replace both, but I thought about removing the front valve cover - taking some pictures of the condition of the internals before putting it back together. I would then run the Auto Rx treatment and then replace the rear vcg and take some pics to see how cleaned up it gets from the Auto Rx.

I've been researching this stuff and even the die-hard anti-additive people seem to like it. Who knows - if it works it may be able to help those with '97-'01 models that have (or could have) sludge issues. I'll post results in a few weeks when I am finished to let you know how it goes.

Bob is the Oil Guy