Lazy Shift From 1st To 2nd

milo

tranny shifts late from 1st to 2nd hot or cold. i pulled the the tranny drain plug and drained and change filter and cleaned pan, then replaced pan filled with oil and pulled tranny line from radiator (right side of car) and started car and flushed and filled till all fluid came out. didn't help so i bought some lukas tranny additive and still no help. car is a 97 es300 with 115k. when you put car in 2nd gear tranny seems to slip. help and thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tranny shifts late from 1st to 2nd hot or cold. i pulled the the tranny drain plug and drained and change filter and cleaned pan, then replaced pan filled with oil and pulled tranny line from radiator (right side of car) and started car and flushed and filled till all fluid came out. didn't help so i bought some lukas tranny additive and still no help. car is a 97 es300 with 115k. when you put car in 2nd gear tranny seems to slip. help and thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hum, what do you mean by late shifts, it revs high? or just jerky or what? i know mine, sometimes, when you put it in reverse it seems not to go. if u tap the gas it pops in to gear, but that is prolly something totally diff.

hum, what do you mean by late shifts, it revs high? or just jerky or what? i know mine, sometimes, when you put it in reverse it seems not to go. if u tap the gas it pops in to gear, but that is prolly something totally diff.

if you drive it normal it will rev to 4,000 or 5,000 rpm before it shifts to second gear

I keep saying this

external tranny filter ,i posted info previously to install in 10 minutes and for $50 it gave me my tranny back after it slowly over 3 weeks cleaned my valve body of debris which clogged ti, my cousin who runs a tranny shop half a football feild deep said it wouldn;t work but i always belive in trying things.

He still doesn't belive it is fixed, if only i had put it in before i had problems

I keep saying this

external tranny filter ,i posted info previously to install in 10 minutes and for $50 it gave me my tranny back after it slowly over 3 weeks cleaned my valve body of debris which clogged ti, my cousin who runs a tranny shop half a football feild deep said it wouldn;t work but i always belive in trying things.

He still doesn't belive it is fixed, if only i had put it in before i had problems

where do you get external tranny filters and where do you mount it?

• 2 weeks later...
I keep saying this

where do you get external tranny filters and where do you mount it?

sorry to bring up an old thread, but did you ever fix this?? there is something called a Kick-Down cable that comes loose and needs adjustmetn every so often. ic ant tell you much othert than that. PM JPI, he should be able to help.