Possible Blown Headunit Connecting I-pod

DLaxMan3

I was in the process of connecting my ipod by conneting and rca cable to the laft and right channels on the back of the head unit. But instead of connecting the the left and right audio i connected the power and there was a spark i corrected it and reconected the power, however my headunit would not turn and my number 20 fuse was blown that is the one controlling the head unit. I will be replacing the fuse tomarrow do u think that the head unit was blown as well or just the fuse.

ok i am not very happy right now i just bought a new fuse and it was blown the second i put it in. I don't no what to do now, i just hope i didn't create a serious porblem. Has anyone had a similar problem when fooling with the wireing on the headunit. Any input would be much appreciated.

I would find the appropriate wiring diagrams, and make sure you've got all of the right wires going to the right place. I believe those diagrams from intelexual which come from help4you are incorrect. I may not be right about that, but that what it seems to me.

Hey, were there any fuses on the HU? on a power line to the HU?

• 2 weeks later...
Very helpful diagrams, where'd you get them? What model and year SC are these?

u could have a pinched line. that fuse [20a] may control another object like the cig. ligther. etc. find out if u have a penny in ur lighter or something. in an sc the cig lighter plug wire could be pinched somewhere, check that too. if u still need help u can call me. My name is sergio. 216-376-4515