Dash Has Cracked

ArmyofOne

i knew it was only a matter of time before my dashboard cracked. a few days ago i noticed a 6 inch long crack down the center of my dash running front to rear. do those repair kits you see on tv work? or are they just a waste of money?

if they dont work, can an upholstery place fix mine? i think it might be the same as a camry dashboard, so if replaceing it is the only option, any good source for parts?

also, how do i stop the crack from spreading further? would drilling a hole at the end of it work?

The "Liquid Leather" as seen on TV does not work. I tried it on my old car. Eventually due to summer heat, it just peels right off.

Unfortunately, now that your dash has a crack, further cracking and drying of the understuff will accelerate due to exposure to moisture and air at the crack.

Find an auto upholestery/vinyl repair guy in your area and get a professional consult. Just be seated when he tells you the price.

steviej

The "Liquid Leather" as seen on TV does not work.  I tried it on my old car.  Eventually due to summer heat, it just peels right off.

Unfortunately, now that your dash has a crack, further cracking and drying of the understuff will accelerate due to exposure to moisture and air at the crack.

Find an auto upholestery/vinyl repair guy in your area and get a professional consult.  Just be seated when he tells you the price.

steviej

probably good advice...is it cheaper just to replace the dash myself? it cant be that hard on this car to do that, there isnt much to the dash, no airbags, and i coudl do the heater core while im in there...it is behind the dash right?