Bought Used First Gen Gs And Need Service Advice

I bought a 93 Lexus GS with about 150,000 miles on it from someone who didn't have any service records for it. I have had the car for about 6 months now and still have not serviced it with the exception of an oil change. A mechanic told me it needed a tranny, brake, and power steering fluid flush, A complete tune up, Upper and lower radiator hoses, Drive belt, and Possibly a timing belt.

My question is this: should i let this mechanic use his own fluids in my car or should i supply him with authentic toyota products to put in??

And also i have no idea when the timing belt was last replaced, should i go replace it anyway?

congrats on your gen 1 gs3. I too have a 93 model and i just hit the 200k mark.

Let me tell you, it still drives like a dream. I would definately get everything flushed and replaced. Take good care of it because it will take care of you. The only thing i would recommend is purchasing the tranny fluid from lexus or toyota and the extra additive they have for it. If you do decide to replace the timing belt (which you should do) go ahead and replace the water pump. Trust me, it's all worth it. Besides, you'll just have to pay for the part and not the labor since the timing belt is already off. Well that's my two cents of the day. Take care of your car.

congrats on your gen 1 gs3.  I too have a 93 model and i just hit the 200k mark.

Let me tell you, it still drives like a dream.  I would definately get everything flushed and replaced.  Take good care of it because it will take care of you.  The only thing i would recommend is purchasing the tranny fluid from lexus or toyota and the extra additive they have for it.  If you do decide to replace the timing belt (which you should do) go ahead and replace the water pump.  Trust me, it's all worth it.  Besides, you'll just have to pay for the part and not the labor since the timing belt is already off.  Well that's my two cents of the day.  Take care of your car.

Yep! What he said B)