Headlight Assembly Removal

Hello, I am new to this. I just bought a 1993 Lexus SC400 and i love it to death. I just have one question, i am going to gut the intake system and put a free flowing intake for it. I need to take off that little plastic piece that is near the bottom of the left headlight. I just need some tips on how to take off the headlight assembly. Please get back with me if you can. Thank you very much

Mike

93' SC400 :unsure:

heya,

if your looking at removing your induction that goes under your headlight then you'll have to remove your headlight also. Apart from the bolts/nuts you visually see from the top view there are also another two hidden inside the wheel arch.

I'll try to explain this the best I can.

Either take your wheel off or turn it full lock in. unscrew the plastic inside the wheel arch exposing the insides of the front section of your side panels. You'll then notice two bolts next to the indicator which you undo then the light will simply popout.

To take the headlight itself apart you'll ahve to melt the glue. Just throw it in the oven for a few minutes but not too long as you don't want to melt your entire assembly.

When the glue is soft enough you'll be able to pry the lens off,

there are 3 sections

the lens,

the chrome bit inside

and the rear backing.

To reassemble, do the reverse.

Edited by eXo

• 1 year later...