Lexus Nakamichi Stereo

I have a 1999 GS400 with the Nakamichi system and when I turn up the bass the system cuts out everytime the bass hits. If I turn the bass off I can listen to my music as loud as I want and it wont cut out. So in the process of troubleshooting I unplugged the amp from the subwoofer and I can pump the base up with no problem. So the next logical step I thought would be BAD AMP. But to my surprise this was not the case I got a amp off line and it had the same problem. Does any one have any idea what my issue may be. Either headunit, subwoofer or the everdreadfull bad wireing!!!!!!! please help

Thanks I will look for one.... I guess the next question is does anyone have a subwoofer for this vehicle that was taken out to be replaced by a aftermarket one. And is there a aftermarket sub that fits in, in place of the OEM smoothly???

I have one it's in great shape, it's a pioneer! :D You have to ask your self some questions! Do you want more bass, or do you tend to turn up the bass alot? Do you listen to techno or rap? If so you'd be better off replacing the factory sub with a free air type 10". You can do a 12 if you drill new holes in the rear deck to mount to, or make a plate to mount from the bottom. I woud also add an amp if you're going to replace the sub with an aftermarket one. B)