Rack & Pinion Replacement

latintxn54

Greetings to all with LS400s. After discovering I have a serious rack & pinion steering leak, I picked up a rebuilt R&P at a local shop here in Houston and am now ready to replace it myself. I want to ask if there's anyone out there who's already been thru this adventurous task. I've been reading all I can get my eyes on to prep for this job and though I'm feeling confident that this shouldn't be that difficult, I just thought you might want to share some helpful tips & hints. I consider myself a pretty good auto mechanic as I have spent many years under the hood and have all the necessary tools! Thanks to all who reply & Happy 2005 to y'all.

hello, its pretty straight forward, swap so youll be having no problems at all, just that since youre there and the rack is out yoy might want to change your engine mounts, and also your power steering hoses, both pressure and return hose, BTW where did you buy your rack? how much, how about warranty, do they have website, (ahhh too many questions) :cheers:

hello, its pretty straight forward, swap so youll be having no problems at all, just that since youre there and the rack is out yoy might want to change your engine mounts, and also your power steering hoses, both pressure and return hose, BTW where did you buy your rack? how much, how about warranty,  do they have website, (ahhh too many questions):cheers:

Thanks for the tips! I wasn't planning on doing anymore than the R&P, but you're right, since I'm down that far, might as well do the other items as well.

Here's the place that rebuilds R&Ps. Mine cost 175. +tax + 100.core deposit.

ADCO Power Steering Products, Inc.

3541 Pinemont

Houston, TX 77018

713-681-1446

hello, its pretty straight forward, swap so youll be having no problems at all, just that since youre there and the rack is out yoy might want to change your engine mounts, and also your power steering hoses, both pressure and return hose, BTW where did you buy your rack? how much, how about warranty,  do they have website, (ahhh too many questions):cheers:

Thanks for the tips! I wasn't planning on doing anymore than the R&P, but you're right, since I'm down that far, might as well do the other items as well.

Here's the place that rebuilds R&Ps. Mine cost 175. +tax + 100.core deposit.

ADCO Power Steering Products, Inc.

3541 Pinemont

Houston, TX 77018

713-681-1446

Sorry but no website although I found them on eBay afterwhich I sent them an email & they called me.