Audio Backlighting

jellyB

Hello to LOC USA!

I wonder if anyone over there can help out a puzzled Englishman?

The audio backlighting (for the display and all the buttons) has gone off on my 1996 LS400.

I have checked both radio fuses and, at the suggestion of an LOC UK member, the two DOME fuses, but all are OK.

I have taken the whole thing out (bit nerve-wracking) to find it has several tiny bulbs - no surprise, but surely they cannot have ALL failed at once?

Driving in the dark, of course, means the radio/CD/tape controls are invisible. And this is a frightful nuisance!

(I've had the car for 6 months - my first Lexus - and already I know I shall never be able to goo back to an "ordinary" car. Will just have to forego other luxuries to enable me to continue wafting in the manner to which I have become accustomed...)

One member said that there was a circuit on the board that needed resoldering. I don't remember where I saw that.

But here are my experiences. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...opic=12304&st=0

Many thanks for this. I think that the postings by acw and yourself are going to be the most helpful. How I look forward to being able to see my radio again after dark!

Note that on mine that all the bulbs were good and the circuit was bad. Then a couple months later, all the bulbs burned out on a long trip. So if I were you, I would replace all the bulbs while you are in there. The radio shack numbers work fine and a local store had them.

Note that on mine that all the bulbs were good and the circuit was bad. Then a couple months later, all the bulbs burned out on a long trip. So if I were you, I would replace all the bulbs while you are in there. The radio shack numbers work fine and a local store had them.

Verily, A Stitch In Time...