Atermarket Audio

slikvik

I have a 99 LX470, and the in dash 6-cd changer doesnt work. What is a good head unit to put in, since it is double the size of most replacement head units. While i'm at it, is there an after market navigation system i could put in instead?

slikvik, double-din size navigation options there is a Kenwood Excelon (sp?) and an Eclipse AVN series... Personally I am seriously looking at the Eclipse AVN2454 for my 2001 LX, but have to clear it with my "finance manager" first. :whistles:

I recently had installed the Kenwood DDX 7015 touch screen headunit with the KNA-DV4100 Navigation system and Sirius Tuner/antenna along with a 10Disc Changer. Once i find a way to host all of my pictures i will post more. The navigation is AWSOME! the whole setup cost me $2835 installed. Its sweet i love it all and looks pretty good in terms of going with the interior

gallery_12168_57_1104877654.jpg

slikvik, double-din size navigation options there is a Kenwood Excelon (sp?) and an Eclipse AVN series... Personally I am seriously looking at the Eclipse AVN2454 for my 2001 LX, but have to clear it with my "finance manager" first.  :whistles:

I had wished that they offered the satilite radio feature, built in, on my 2004 LX470. The Lexus people said maybe next year?

I had wished that they offered the satilite radio feature, built in, on my 2004 LX470.  The Lexus people said maybe next year?

You mean like a SAT button to be integrated into the factory HU? You know, it's a good idea but I think the potential downfall is that some manufacturers will choose sides and you will be SOL if you want to go with the "other" provider... and that will unfortunately turn into a deciding factor when choosing your future car (see the announcement from Ford yesterday to go exclusively Sirius).

One very nice thing about my Infiniti is that the Sat integration can go either XM or Sirius, you just have to buy a different kit. IMO, if car manufacturers really wanted the best for consumers they would (1) make Satellite integration carrier-agnostic, (2) provide MP3 capablity on CD changers and (3) provide an AUX input for everything else.

I had wished that they offered the satilite radio feature, built in, on my 2004 LX470.  The Lexus people said maybe next year?

You mean like a SAT button to be integrated into the factory HU? You know, it's a good idea but I think the potential downfall is that some manufacturers will choose sides and you will be SOL if you want to go with the "other" provider... and that will unfortunately turn into a deciding factor when choosing your future car (see the announcement from Ford yesterday to go exclusively Sirius).

One very nice thing about my Infiniti is that the Sat integration can go either XM or Sirius, you just have to buy a different kit. IMO, if car manufacturers really wanted the best for consumers they would (1) make Satellite integration carrier-agnostic, (2) provide MP3 capablity on CD changers and (3) provide an AUX input for everything else.

I will keep my 2004 LX470 till the new redesigned LX comes out. I hope they have worked out the SAT thing by then. Maybe they can pefect the bluetooth also.

As far as the speech recognition, that was introduced way before it was ready! :chairshot:

• 2 weeks later...
I recently had installed the Kenwood DDX 7015 touch screen headunit with the KNA-DV4100 Navigation system and Sirius Tuner/antenna along with a 10Disc Changer.  Once i find a way to host all of my pictures i will post more.  The navigation is AWSOME!  the whole setup cost me $2835 installed.  Its sweet i love it all and looks pretty good in terms of going with the interior

Where did you get the installation kit for the Kenwood from?

Hi PitbullLx964,

Nice system! I too have investigate an aftermarket DVD Nav upgrade for my '00 LX470. The system that you had installed seems to cover all the basis and it has a "clean look" installed. Where did they stuff all these components in your LX470? Is the 10 disk change in a location that is easy to change while driving? Where is the Nav / GPS antenna located ?Did you add any additional amps ...etc?

The installers I have talked with local to the Seattle area suggest that they would have to cut the center console to get the disk changer to fit. Did your installer have to do any major modifications to get everything installed?

Sorry for all the questions, but you are one of the only owners I have seen with a clean look installation, which is what I'm going for.

Thanks for your help!

ERAU23

I recently had installed the Kenwood DDX 7015 touch screen headunit with the KNA-DV4100 Navigation system and Sirius Tuner/antenna along with a 10Disc Changer.  Once i find a way to host all of my pictures i will post more.  The navigation is AWSOME!  the whole setup cost me $2835 installed.  Its sweet i love it all and looks pretty good in terms of going with the interior

The Sirius Antenna is in the middle of my roof by the windshield, the tuner for it is underneath the passanger carpeting. The nav system is where our first aid kits are. the cd changer is in the back between the wheel well and the tailgate on the right side bolted to the body panel. The GPS antenna is on my dash in the corner on the right. the CD changer isnt easy to change while driving unless you have a 10 foot arm to reach back there but you dont really need it with Sat radio.

The guy used the factory mount for the headunit and he cut out a peice of plastic to fill the gap. Guys at my lexus dealership love it.