What Size Bulbs Are In The Es300 Speedo Cluster?

bbsal

hi,im trying to replace my speedometer light bulbs with something brighter.what size are the bulbs in there now?i check mine but they dont say a number.i think they are 194 but im not sure.if anyone knows that would be great!thanks

this sounds stupid but go get your alternator checked

from what i have seen

cars with dim back lighting and little if any burnt needles have lower than usual output at idle

try it and find out

i thought mine where dim as well till i changed them all and it was exactly the same

a waste of $30 on bulbs form lexus

but a fun r&d job

some one once said tehy are 194 bulbs

but i am sure there must be a letter or something after it

as the lights in your rear license plate lights are also 194's

go figure

yea i thought they were 194s.well the reason i wanted to change them was not really the dimmness but because i wanted to put the blue lights in there instead of white.did you ever see the jettas instrament panel?it has a awsome blue color and my freind has the jetta and replaced his bulbs with the same ones i want to get.i think it would give the car a different look and really just want to try it and if i dont like it i will just change them back.also i tip for making them brighter.peel off the blue covering on them and they really light up the display alot more.thanks sk

also i do have to get that alternator checked because even rolling the windows up dimms the lights dramaticlly.im thinking about getting one of them system alternators if they make them for our cars i dont know but im going to find out.thanks