Aftermarket Dvd Player

kalani80g

• 2 weeks later...

I have a after market drop down dvd player and i wanted to know if any one know's how to connect it to thew nav screen so that it will play on it to

Please help!!!!

Check out this web site www.nav-tv.com

I have used this with my aftermarket dvd player.

I am curious if you can connect an aftermarket DVD drop down player, or even an OEM drop down player to a GX470 that did not have the original RES system. I took out the rear dome light to see if there were any wires there that were unconnected that would be possible DVD wiring. Nothing there. However, there is a IR display in the rear dome light (standard without an RES system) that is used to receive signals from the remote control. I am curious if this is the same connection that would be used for a DVD player.

If there is no existing wiring up there, then i suppose i will look at headrest LCD monitors, but this would be easier and cheaper. Anyone know?

I also stopped by Lexus and apparently they won't sell the DVD player or even the wire harness that goes from the Nav System to the OEM DVD player. That is ridicuous. Why would they care. They could price everything so that it is the same price of buying the RES option.

I would ultimatly like to integrate the DVD player with the NAV system and i think an aftermarket player can be integrated with the NAV system, however, you have to play the audio through an FM channel rather than have the pure sound from the Mark Levisnon system by going with an OEM Lexus DVD player. Anyone have experience with this.

Thanks