Gx470 Front Wheel Well Question

setagw

Could somebody with a 2004 GX470 please check the front passenger side wheel well and tell me if there are some long oblong cutouts on the front of the wheel well? I've had the GX for about 2 months and just noticed this (looking from the wheel toward the front of the vehicle) There are 4 or 5 holes and I can see right thru. I'm just trying to see if this is normal or if some mounting plate or cover . fell off. I don't recall seeing this before. Thanks!

Could somebody with a 2004 GX470 please check the front passenger side wheel well and tell me if there are some long oblong cutouts on the front of the wheel well? I've had the GX for about 2 months and just noticed this (looking from the wheel toward the front of the vehicle)  There are 4 or 5 holes and I can see right thru. I'm just trying to see if this is normal or if some mounting plate or cover      . fell off. I don't recall seeing this before.  Thanks!

it's normal. That's how it is ever since I first cleaned that wheel well back in jan 03! There are like 4 strips of cutouts there. If you notice, the plastic splash guards are bigger on the rear left well than the right well! ;)

Could somebody with a 2004 GX470 please check the front passenger side wheel well and tell me if there are some long oblong cutouts on the front of the wheel well? I've had the GX for about 2 months and just noticed this (looking from the wheel toward the front of the vehicle)  There are 4 or 5 holes and I can see right thru. I'm just trying to see if this is normal or if some mounting plate or cover      . fell off. I don't recall seeing this before.  Thanks!

it's normal. That's how it is ever since I first cleaned that wheel well back in jan 03! There are like 4 strips of cutouts there. If you notice, the plastic splash guards are bigger on the rear left well than the right well! ;)

Thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info!

Might be holes use for the Landcruiser Prado, as the GX is basically the prado but with different amenities, front grille, front bumper, front wheel well splash guards.