Dash Lights New Question

ROBERT THOMASON

I noticed tonight that a couple of my interior dash lights were not working. The left side heated seat light. It is the light that glows to show you were the button is at night. It is not the lighy indicating that it is on. Also the Trac button light is not working. Any one know how to fix these. All my other lights are doing fine, radio, needles, etc.... Thanks, Robert

I would guess that the bulbs are burned out, seems to be fairly common for these bulbs to wear out. Replacing them is another thing. You have to remove the components to replace them. Use the search feature to see if you can find how to replace the bulbs.

Good luck

I am actually in the process of replaceing the lighting for those same lights...to get to them you have to remove the ashtray assembly. I now have the bulbs but where can I get replacements? Does anyone know the part number or anything?

I am actually in the process of replaceing the lighting for those same lights...to get to them you have to remove the ashtray assembly.  I now have the bulbs but where can I get replacements?  Does anyone know the part number or anything?

Are you replacing the exact 2 , that I am replacing? Robert

they carry the bulbs you need at radioshack, i've replaced both heated seat illuminator bulbs and the trac button bulb (not the on indicator light, but the one that glows so you see the button in the dark).

i dont have the part # handy and couldnt find the exact bulb on radioshack's website, but if my memory serves correctly it is a 12V T-1 sized bulb similar to this one, except the wire leads arent insulated and there is no rubber insulator at the base of the bulb.

i found the bulb you need from www.jameco.com, it's part #7219.

remove the old bulb from the holder, install the new bulb as it is, then finally trim the leads down to size.

How hard are trhey to get too? Any tricks to getting to them? Thanks, Robert

1) remove the wood panel surround the shift know, pull up from the end near the cupholder

2) remove the ashtray assembly out by firmly pulling from the bottom, remove 3 connectors (ashtray light, trac button, heated seat buttons)

once you have the ashtray removed, it will be pretty self explanatory on how to remove the buttons.

How do you remove the wood panel without damaging. Thanks, Robert

The wood (plastic) panel around the shifter is very easy to remove. Pull up on it from the back. Grab it or use a flat screwdriver wrapped with masking tape to pop it up. It is mounted on pressure clips. You will have to move the shift lever to L to lift it off. Just be somewhat careful because it can crack if you bend it.