Opinion On Price...

OK, I am heading down to make an offer on a 1994 GS300 in a few hours. It has 75,000 miles on it, 1 owner from carfax, no problems at all. I know there are some very knowledgeable Lexus owners on this board. This is my first Lexus and I am just looking for what you would pay for this car? Thanks.

leather

moonroof

premium wheels

NO CD

Dark Green

Thanks again.

Just purchased mine(99 es300, 103K) a 1 1/2 months ago for 9950. Outstanding condition. If it what you can live with and it is what you want for the price you are able to live with, then it should not really matter what others will think. As far as being taken advantage of, be aware of the service costs that are coming up as well as how it will depreciate.

If it is excellent, 11,175 Kelly Blue Book

Black Book is what a number of dealers use for trade in purposes and this is what your car scored:

Black Book® Online pre-inspection trade estimate...

1994 LEXUS 300 4D SEDAN

$3,455 - $5,620

Price accurate until: January 01, 2005 .

Black Book Online

Then there is the NADA site.

Used cars area a crap shoot. Cars depreciate and should not be viewed as investments, therefore be satisfied with what you are doing before you hand over the money.

My opinion, 94 is a little older than I would buy, unless I was in love with the style.

Grace & Peace

I am a little confused by the price opinions? I realize this is a 10 year old car, but it only has 75,000 miles on it and was owned by 1 older couple that didn't drive it much. When I look up the bluebook it says 15,000 retail? I realize there are some newer models that go for around this price, but that is with well over 100,000 miles in all the cases I have seen. Am I missing something here? I definitely don't want to get screwed on a deal and am holding off on the car for now, but the numbers in the replies to my post just don't seem to add up when I look at kelly blue book. Thanks for the opinions and let me know what I am not seeing.

Part of my delima now is I am trying to decide between this car and a 2000 Toyota Avalon with 62,000. Exact same price. any opinions?

first of all nobody pays retail, unless you're just dumb. I think 10 to 11 is the max I would pay for a 93 to 94 gs300 w/ over 70 thousand miles. You may have to wait to get a GOOOD DEAL! You'll have to do alot of checking as well EBay, classifieds, auto trader, whatever. If you just want the car go pay full retail. The LEXUS is more of a luxury car compared to the avalon. You can't go wrong either way. The GS also uses toyotas inline 6 2jzge probably their best and strongest motor, whereas the avalon uses a v6.

<_<

I guess that is what I was kind of trying to get at. It doesn't seem like I am payng retail for this car. I just checked bluebook again and it is 15,435 retail and 12, 980 private party for price. I realize 13,500 is a little higher than the private party value, but it is MUCH less than retail. I really appreciate your opinions and probably won't buy this car based on what I am hearing. Just not understanding where the numbers being thrown out are coming from?

Be very careful if you intend to purchase a 2000 Avalon. Occasional problems on this vehicle are failures of the Engine, the Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor and the Air Fuel Ratio Sensors. ALL BIG ISSUES and COSTLY. The final assembly was in America.

I would go for the 94' GS300. Very reliable engine that is still used in today's IS300 models, but at 5 more horsepower.

If you are buying from another owner and not dealer, I would not pay more than $10.5K.