The Christmas Dfw Meet Pix

ArmyofOne

The DFW Christmas meet in Arlington, TX was a HUGE success. Thanks to all who participated and all who brought the food (I think that was everyone). Here are the pics, sorry my camera REALLY sucks. Its only 1 megapixel, but it did the job. I left to go drop off my friend at the airport and on my way back, 6 flags over Texas opened up. It took me an hour to go a mile. That sucked, so i didn’t make it back in time to meet up with most of you. Sorry. Next time I’ll make sure my schedule isn’t as packed!

It was good to meet all of you. And Blake, your car sounds amazing especially for having almost 250,000 miles. It was great to see everyone together and top put names with faces, although i have forgotten nearly everyones name, because i didnt have my list (left it at the house) and i wasn't there very long. If i got the names wrong, please correct me and i apologize in advance. And now, here are the pix:

DCP02256.sized.jpg

DCP02257.sized.jpg

DCP02259.sized.jpg

^There's Gary with a big ol' texas-sized smile on his face! LOL.^

DCP02260.sized.jpg

^ i dont remember this guys name, but he has a SICK IS300. I think he is Josh, but i cant remember for the life of me.

DCP02261.sized.jpg

^This is Jayson, and his one of a kind Peter Farrell Conversion IS300.

DCP02262.sized.jpg

^ this is Jon (i think) and his TRD IS300.

DCP02263.sized.jpg

and this is the last one. a turnout of about 15 cars, (there were a few who werent in the pix). Again, I apologize if i got names wrong. Thanks for showing everyone! I'll see you next time!

Everything was awesome!! :D We couldn't have asked for better weather since it was perfect-low 60's with clear, sunny skies. It was nice to meet everyone that came out!! My old, high mile, un modded tank was very well recieved which was great. :D No one seemed to care about my sh_ty paint which was quite a relief!! Special thanks to Nate for the towel he gave me when my nose started bleeding and to Josh for the low-traffic directions out of Dallas! Josh, it was great to finally meet someone else that loves Ford!

I saw many great looking cars, but nothing I'd want to trade my LS for. I can appreciate all of the turbos, body kits, rims, and what not as well as the work and funding that go into the cars, but it's just not my cup of tea. It was a great day until I had to drive 500 miles back home at night! Here's the best part-the pics.....

gallery_1461_51_1103514892.jpg

^My approach to the Dallas area.

gallery_1461_51_1103516164.jpg

^the meeting area with the bar-bque pits

gallery_1461_51_1103515070.jpg

^just a fraction of the IS's that showed up

gallery_1461_51_1103515049.jpg

^Derek's SC(southernSC), Nate's GS, and Raghan's(sp??) Sportdesign IS

gallery_1461_51_1103515020.jpg

^I love this pic!! My LS between "southernsc" and a SC400

gallery_1461_51_1103515002.jpg

^Pretty much all of the non IS enthuisiast that showed up...props to those guys for getting like 10+ cars out there!

gallery_1461_51_1103514973.jpg

^Joe's car-tastefully done...I'm not sure what club he is with...

gallery_1461_51_1103514963.jpg

more pics in the next post.....

gallery_1461_51_1103514914.jpg

^I forgot who this car is for, but I'm guessing it's got just a little power at the wheels! lol

gallery_1461_51_1103514902.jpg

The only Sportcross there owned by Gary(I believe. I only remembered like 3 of the 25 names I heard that day. I'm not good with names) from '.net'

gallery_1461_51_1103515098.jpg

^Some of my favorites!! That's right I love the '01 Taurus! :geek: :D

:cheers:

that would be Gary's sportcross.  sweet cars gys. i think the IS in the pic above it was the Peter Farell Conversion.

More pix (thanks Gary...AKA texisportx!)

First, his IS.

texisportx2.sized.jpg

sportdesign.sized.jpg

pfs.jpg

pangroup.jpg

ltuned_001.jpg

grillin.sized.jpg

^I am the nearly bald one in the gray shirt standing next to the fire :)

Awesome pics guy's!!!  Looks like it was a fantastic success!!  well done!  I hope the upcoming Toronto meet is as good!  B)

:cheers:

it was a gorgeous day, im glad this stuff held off till after the meet!!!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=16312

SNOW!!! :blink:

ok.. slap me if i am silly... but is this an LOC meet??

if not when will one be sorted?

no it was a CL/LOC/IS300.net meet...but nobody from here except blake was intersted, and i did post it, in 2 places...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=15708

thats one, the other was here int he general discussion forum, but it disappeared.

so consider yourself slapped..LOL. :D