Rear Valve Cover For 1mzfe

ruoknow

HI!

ES300 got the same engine as avalon...... hope i came to a right forum!

I got a 96' avalon with 83000 miles on it.

I replace the T-belt and two driveaxles by myself.

There is a minor leak coming from rear valve cover, which seems hard to replace.

Any body has this experience and documented?

Can you tell me in detail? (Heynes manule is not very clear about this)

Thanks in advance!

Have a great holiday!

Yes, it looks hard from first sight, but if you did T-belt by yourself, you can do this one too. First af all intake manifold needs to be removed. To do that you have to disconnect all pipes and hoses that go to the manifold from passengers side and some from drivers side.This part of the job takes most time. Don't remove all of them, just nessesary things, to let you lift manifold up and hang it to the hood using some rope. There are also 2 brackets behind manifold - next to firewall - is not too much room, but these 2 bolts needs to be removed. When you free-up manifold from all of the toys you can take off 2 bolts and 2 nuts that hold it and hang the manifold. You may need new gasket for intake.Then you have to loose wiring harness that goes on the top of valve cover - remove five 10-millimetr nuts on different sides of harness and hang harness too. Then you ready to remove valve cover :D

Again, it's is not too easy, don't mix-up vacuum hoses - mark them prior removing and make sure you took off all nuts that hold wiring harness - I said there is 5, but it may be more, I don't remember now. And make sure you put everything back! B). Also, after you took off manifold, cover intake holes by some rag - if you drop something into them you'll be in trouble :( .

Good luck!