05 Es330 Voice Navigation

WILLIEP

I've had my ES 330 for about a month. Everything appears to be OK but I'm having trouble getting my voice navigation to understand my voice commands. I will say "HOME" and it will respond with something unrelated. Is there a learning mode for the system? I know there is one for me. The manual is a little sketchey about its operation. Thanks, Bill from MA

I've had my ES 330 for about a month.  Everything appears to be OK but I'm having trouble getting my voice navigation to understand my voice commands. I will say "HOME" and it will respond with something unrelated.  Is there a learning mode for the system? I know there is one for me.  The manual is a little sketchey about its operation.    Thanks,  Bill from MA

try zoom in and zoom out ..audio on/off there is a section in the nav screen that you can see the commands. i think its in the setuip screen. you have to talk loud n clear and there can be no other noise.. go to the dealer they have a free nav disc that also should help. just play it in the cd n listen

I have the same problem with my LG cellphone when I try to use the voice recognition feature.......if there's any background noise, it doesn't understand my command. This is probably the same problem with the NAV's voice control.

we have many voice recognition systems at work, they all stink.

It may be cause I am in Boston and the software is written in Washington state.

I know what I mean when I say "distilled watah" but the computer doesn't. I don't get it. May favorite is when I tell it to staht. It just sits there. I have to slowly say s-t-a-r-t.

voice recognition is not what it is cracked up to be........yet.

steviej