Got In An Accident :cries:

sainikai

My wife got in an accident today with my Lexus.:cries: There was no major visible physical damage done to the car. :) Front has been bent inwards a bit. Cooling fan shroud has been broken and was touching to the fan. I think I'll cut the broken piece instead of putting new shroud. Engine bottom cover is broken (4 out of 11 nuts and bolts broken).

I asked the dealer for engine bottom cover and he said $225. I think it is expensive to buy from the dealer. If anyone has any suggestions, appreciate it.

Also, at very low speed or rpm, the car hesitates or seems like mis firing or something. I put new plugs, rotors, caps, and wiring last month only. Is it possible that any of these components may have been affected in accident? OR what could be the cause?:cries:

My wife was making a left turn from the driveway to 2 right lane road. One lane traffic was stopped allowing my wife to turn left but she didn't see car coming through other lane and hit the side of other car with front of Lexus.

No major damage was done. I cut the piece of fan shroud which was touching to the cooling fan.

I removed the plastic engine bottom cover and will put new once I find cheap part.

Also, there is something strange happening with the car as I mentioned in my earlier post about misfiring or overfiring. After driving on highway and coming to stop sign, car was hesitating (it seemed like spark overfiring or something). The car is not idling smothly. I went to mechanic for checkup but he couldn't find anything wrong. He checked the firing sequence and wiring and everything is fine according to him. BUT, I know there is something happening and I can't figure it out. :unsure:

Appreciate any help.

if its not somehting in the ingnition, then most likely its a vacuum line, causing the hesitation and rough idle.

go around in the engine comp. and check all the vaccum lines to make sure the are tightly secured, as well as check for crackes/breaks in the actual hoses....

those lines get really fragile over time, and tend to break easily.

it could also be the MAF sensor as well

I haven't checked those yet. I'll.

There is sparking noise (intermettintly) coming from right side distributor rotor compartment which is occuring during the same time the car hesitates. The mechanic said he checked the spaking sequence, wiring etc.

I just can't figure it out :blink:

When you said there was a sparking sound, it really sounded like there was a crack in the insulation of your spark plug wires. Did your mechanic inspect the distributor cap and rotor, it may have became loose during the accident. Sorry about your LS though, at least it wasn't a serious accident and no one was hurt.

Forgot to add, the cap and rotor may have been cracked too.

If the bottom shroud isn't ripped and just the bolt holes are torn out, you can use large washers over the screws. Most of the holes on mine were worn out so I did this and it has worked great.

Regarding the idle. What I use is carb cleaner spray to find vacuum leaks. As soon as it finds one you will hear the idle drop noticably.

Regarding the noise in the distrubutor, sounds like a spark noise. Look in there at night, you can usually see the arcing, especially on humid nights.

Hi Denny,

Haven't talked with you in a while.

Yea, I got big size washers to cover the torn holes but the problem is, I cannot align the hole to the upper frame because of front lil pushed in. I have to find some other alternate to fix the cover.

I was looking for the sparking noise in the evening and I touched one of the plug wire on left just for inspection and I got a shock ;)

I did not understand about the carb cleaner spray (is it the one to mix with the fuel?), how do you use it?

:)

Hi Guys, I need your help/suggestions please.

On the update about that sparking noise or hesitation, my wife bring to Lex Dealer for diagnosis and below are the things that needs to be done: :(

1) Sparking noise/hesitation is due to bad spark plug wires. He said atleast 3 of them are bad. Last month, I put new iridium sparkplugs, Bosch wireset, distributor rotor and caps. I got the wires from Autozone. Should I be okay for replacment under warranty? (Parts and labor $250)

2) Front lower ball joints on each side needs to be replace (total part and labor $420)

3) P.S. Valve needs to be replace because it is leaking. (total parts and labor $875)

4) Coolant heater valve needs to be replaced. I don't know where it is located (total parts and labor $165)

5) Anteena Mask (total parts and labor $110) (No worry)

6) GoodYear Tires ($575) (No worry)

7) 4 wheel alignment ($100)

what are you asking? or what do you need from us?...........

looks like you have a diagnostic from the dealer on what needs to be fixed....so thats apparently what needs to be fixed.

Help for DIY..

1), 5), 6), 7) I think I will be able to do it.

Any suggestions for 2), 3), 4)?